Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An interesting article that gave me some insight into the rise of ISIS

After the latest senseless terrorist atrocities in Paris, it got me wondering what possible motivation the killers could have had.

Living on our fairly insular island, other than coping with a constant stream of refugees we are well removed from the conflicts occurring in the Middle East.

In search of some answers I did a bit of Googling and came across this article by Alastair Crooke in the Huff Post which gave me a little background on the rise of ISIS.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alasta...l?ir=Australia

While it is one man's interpretation of events over the past couple of hundred years it seems to be fairly factual, and at least gave me a little insight into the sort of people who can commit acts of terrorism like the one which happened in Paris on Friday night, and who can forget 9/11.

I'm not going to comment on the contents of the article other that to say that mankind has a serious problem.

This thread was not started for open discussion, but rather to give some awareness to those like myself who really have little idea of the history behind the Middle East conflicts.
    Last edited by Cage; 15-11-2015 at 3:29pm.
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'