Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Austog Irregular Regular markdphotography's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    reading all that, what made you decide to jump ship in the first place?
    Multiple reasons really mostly centered around Canon's mirrorless format - it has a different lens system to the SLR range, poorly designed product (no good reviews that I read), it was APS C sensor. The Sony was full frame sensor, love wide angle and Sigma 10 - 20 was my favourite lens on the Canon so full frame would be real wide angle, price/value for money, new model releases in a short period of time, same lens system for APS C and full frame, same system for visible and invisible light. I had not known about the hot spot issue and it is an inconvenience that can be worked around. Found some information already by Ed Noble and will test the lenses myself as information on the web is not sufficient. I think tht the Sony has a brighter future than the Canon and are far better value for money IMHO. I can use lens adaptors, old lenses and look for suitable lenses. The IR photog is a small group of shutterbugs on the fringe and we are used to working around problems. Here is one from the weekend that was taken with the A7 Mk1.

ausphotog.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

mpb said - I think its something to do with the way it renders the colour of grass, other brands (no matter which ones) always render it much greener.

It is not really to do with the grass - more to do with the light wave length and the coatings on the inside of the lens that are more likely to reflect invisible light. Infrared light is everywhere even under tungsten light and most cameras are made to block IR light so capturing is a whole different matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Steve Axford said - How strange, Mark. You wouldn't think there was a noticeable difference with infrared vs normal light.

Yes my assumption also but Sony are not alone both as a lens manufacturer and a camera manufacturer. There is a lot of lenses that have the "hot spot" issue, Canon, Sigma, Nikon, Olympus etc etc ................................
    Last edited by markdphotography; 01-12-2015 at 11:13pm.