User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum jargon and Acromyns

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am with you Cricket! Members have listed many definitions in response, and this is appreciated. Could these be compiled in the Dictionary in a separate section, perhaps Jargon Technical. Personally, I would also like to see a section on Jargon Social. This may help me to avoid being offensive by misinterpreting IMHO as an expression of boredom.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so why can't we add these more commonly used abbreviations to the same tag cloud (Is that the right term?) that make other typed words I see in threads appear green and linked?
    Drone was a recent one I noticed in the Who/What/Where challenge, every time I used that word it linked to another site about drones. (Wasn't my doing, it just happened...)

I'm sure I've seen others like lens, Canon, aperture etc etc do the same..?

Just a thought, maybe it's not possible?

- - - Updated - - -

I notice after posting this that drone has linked, but lens canon and aperture haven't...oh well....

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Ok, so why can't we add these more commonly used abbreviations to the same tag cloud (Is that the right term?) that make other typed words I see in threads appear green and linked?
    Drone was a recent one I noticed in the Who/What/Where challenge, every time I used that word it linked to another site about drones. (Wasn't my doing, it just happened...)

I'm sure I've seen others like lens, Canon, aperture etc etc do the same..?

Just a thought, maybe it's not possible?

- - - Updated - - -

I notice after posting this that drone has linked, but lens canon and aperture haven't...oh well....
    the word links are set to site advertisers. So if someone types a word that relates to one of the site advertisers, it links you to their website. We also, in the New To Photography forum, have an additional set that link to the meanings of things like aperture, shutter speed, ISO etc, to help explain those terms to new members.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Formerly : Apollo62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "HTFWIK" - not strictly an acronym used with photography but one that I tend to use a lot, particularly at work.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    the word links are set to site advertisers. So if someone types a word that relates to one of the site advertisers, it links you to their website. We also, in the New To Photography forum, have an additional set that link to the meanings of things like aperture, shutter speed, ISO etc, to help explain those terms to new members.
    Thanks Rick...

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloLXII View Post
    "HTFWIK" - not strictly an acronym used with photography but one that I tend to use a lot, particularly at work.
    ...Are you allowed to say that on a FFF??..(Family Friendly Forum)

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please feel free to update the dictionary http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...phy:Dictionary
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym View Post
    Please feel free to update the dictionary http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...phy:Dictionary
    Thanks Kym, I've added a few now...will make an effort tomorrow or later to compile a list and edit them in...cheers -

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Thanks Kym, I've added a few now...will make an effort tomorrow or later to compile a list and edit them in...cheers -
    Excellent - thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12