User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need an external hard drive case with Raid 5 for 4 x 4TB hard drives and USB 3

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance B View Post
    ]

No offsite storage at this point in time.
    Glad you're getting the answers you need re the USB RAID. I'd advise sorting some offsite storage next. Can be as simple as an external drive given to a mate to look after. Unless you've got a fireproof safe at home, of course :-)
    My Flickr Site
    Instagram _alex_ham_

Gear - Canon 5D mkIII, 16-35 f2.8L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L IS, nifty 50, 75-300 f4-5.6. Sigma SD Quattro H, Sigma 35 mm Art, Sigma 85 mm Art, Canon G1X MkII, Panasonic Lumix DMC LX3, iPhone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lance, I was wondering whether this Synology product would better suit your needs: https://www.synology.com/en-global/products/DS415+

Who let the rabble in?
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Babu View Post
    Lance, I was wondering whether this Synology product would better suit your needs: https://www.synology.com/en-global/products/DS415+
    Thank you for the tip. It does look very good albeit a little more expensive than the Drobo but possibly worth it as it looks to be a little faster. However, I have purchased the Drobo now and all is working well and I am using it is a back up to my 3 x 4TB internal hard drives. So, I have 4 x 4TB hard drives in the Drobo in RAID 5 giving me about 12TB and I have my 3 x 4TB internal drives also giving me 12TB. I then back up what is on my internal drives onto my Drobo as a fail safe system. All works very well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good one ,Lance. It's always great when you purchase something that does the job without any dramas. I went down the Synology path and am, likewise, very happy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12