User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Good Jacaranda photo sites?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Jacaranda photo sites?

Driving to work I have noted that all the Jacarandas are coming into bloom. Does anyone know of some good photographic opportunities where there are Jacarandas. While they look lovely lining Fullarton Road it is not the most picturesque place to do a photo shoot.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason, Mildura comes to mind.
    I think there's a main road/large avenue into the main part of town where there a many of them lined up along the side of a wide road reserve.

All I remember is the riot of vivid purple everywhere!

I'll see if I have a photo of it.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you feel like a drive, Grafton is the place.

Mark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, we are in the middle of the Jacaranda festival.
    Many people wandering around taking photos of purple trees.
    Thursday will see purple beer, bread, lamingtons and ice cream.
    Mark

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile, closer to home...
    Jacaranda? Check around yer here
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone. Find it amusing that on a forum for SA people the only replies are from people interstate. Obviously Adelaidians aren't interested or are keeping 'mum' on good photo spots. Anyway thank you Ameerat42 for the link to Adelaidenow which surprisingly let me view the page. Usually you are blocked if not a subscriber. The locations they listed for Jacarandas was helpful. Must get out to those suburbs and try and find a suitable scene other than roadsides which is where a lot of the trees are.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenClaire View Post
    Find it amusing that on a forum for SA people the only replies are from people interstate.
    does that tell you anything about SA?
    Mudgee is a good place to move to, but not many Jacarandas here. A lot closer to Grafton though.
    let me know when your ready to move and I'll start checking out the real estate.

Ausphotography Regular Jeanette's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI i joined back up yesterday and finally got to the SA part.
    I am in awe of the Jacarandas when i went in to the city on Friday to pick my new camera up.
    Around the city there are lovely but some of the best streets I have seen are to the southern part of the city just off Cross Roads near a couple of cricket ovals.. not sure of the street names but loved seeing them when my son played cricket there.
    I might have to go myself but time is not on my side this week
    happy snapping

Constructive Critique and editing of my images is welcome and appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenClaire View Post
    Thank you everyone. Find it amusing that on a forum for SA people the only replies are from people interstate. Obviously Adelaidians aren't interested or are keeping 'mum' on good photo spots. Anyway thank you Ameerat42 for the link to Adelaidenow which surprisingly let me view the page. Usually you are blocked if not a subscriber. The locations they listed for Jacarandas was helpful. Must get out to those suburbs and try and find a suitable scene other than roadsides which is where a lot of the trees are.

Hawthorne is a great area for the Jacarandas, Denning st being one of my favs.

as you can see by the previous threads I gave up trying as there is little or no response on this forum in the SA side of things.

I still pop in occasionally to see if things have changed,

but alas,

*removed- refer to the site rules, in particular rules 5 and 9.*

good luck anyhow

cheers Eden
    Last edited by ricktas; 09-12-2015 at 7:30am.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    as you can see by the previous threads I gave up trying as there is little or no response on this forum in the SA side of things.

I still pop in occasionally to see if things have changed,

but alas...

cheers Eden
    The problem is that if everyone pops in occasionally, then you are all doing the same thing. Instead of just popping in occasionally, perhaps post about arranging a member meet etc. After all it is up to the members in each area to start-up something to get a meet happening. Someone has to get the conversation started. why not you?
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very true Rick. Someone has to start the conversation. I'll get my thinking cap on and see what can be done about a meet. Been too long, though I think someone did try a while ago but got no interest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    The problem is that if everyone pops in occasionally, then you are all doing the same thing. Instead of just popping in occasionally, perhaps post about arranging a member meet etc. After all it is up to the members in each area to start-up something to get a meet happening. Someone has to get the conversation started. why not you?

"Fort Largs at night" and "The Barossa Meet" were my last two attempts with no response so it is up to others now,

"Why not you?" ( I Did but even you didn't notice that either or would you rather I try Three times with no response )

hopefully others have some luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Helen,

probably a bit too late now but L'Estrange St in Fullarton has such a dreamy look with the jacarandas hanging over the road. amazing photos to be had in the right light. I'm in the hills so not a lot aside from red gums around me.

Cheers

S.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Gear:
    Canon 600D | Sigma 18-250mm f3.5-6.3 | Canon 50mm f1.8 II | Tamron 150-600m f5-6.3 | Manfrotto 680B Monopod
    All kept in: Lowepro Protactic 350AW

The GAS never ends.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------