Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FARGO

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FARGO

TV generally sucks these days but for a handful of shows (despite the number of supposed TV channels). Fargo is one of them. Mongo just loved the last series. Do not miss the latest series on SBS Wednesday nights. Don't say you weren't told
    Nikon and Pentax user

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The movie was a gem. It was based on a true story, and after watching the movie and laughing all the way through, I was thinking to myself that it had to be true as no-one could make this stuff up. As they say, truth is stranger than fiction and this movie proves it.

Fishy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason I did not watch this. And I do watch a lot of SBS ABC and ch31 etc due to the lifestyle shows on the other free to air channels I nearly went and bought foxtell last week for the absolute rubbish being offered. I still refuse to pay but when the footy season comes around next year the temptations will be greater. Having said that foxtell's purchase of ch 10 shares may see a game changer in the future. I will watch Fargo on Iview and catch up. cheers Brian
    Cheers Brian.

Canon 7D Kit lenses EFS 18-55 IS EFS 55-250 IS EF28-90 Canon EF 2xll Extender Sigma DG150-500 OS Speedlight 420EX. 580EX

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched FORGO instead
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I rarely watch broadcast tv these days. I prefer to go to the cinema and see a movie, or watch a DVD at home.
    Last edited by ricktas; 24-10-2015 at 9:40am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I absolutely loved Fargo when it was on, and I have taped the new series for watching when I have a spare moment. Pity they killed off all the people I liked, but maybe this series brings them back somehow. (Don't tell me ... I'm going to watch it soon!) 8*)

"If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff.” — Jim Richardson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both my wife and I enjoyed the first season and I'm recording this until we get a chance to watch them. We prefer to watch it a couple of episodes at a time.

BTW whilst both the movie and the show have a statement at the start that they are based on a true story, that's just directors licence. No they're not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    TV generally sucks these days but for a handful of shows (despite the number of supposed TV channels). Fargo is one of them. Mongo just loved the last series. Do not miss the latest series on SBS Wednesday nights. Don't say you weren't told
    Agree, Mongo. Billy bob Thornton was brilliant in the first series. Casting him as the serial killer was brilliant. And think the 2nd series will be the making of Brad Garret's career, too.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't missed a moment of this latest season, and it's every bit as good (although I miss Billy Bob). I'd recommend anyone who missed out going to "Catch Up" and watch from the start of this season.

Quite apart from the fabulous way it's put together, from a photographer's POV I think it is superbly filmed and framed - pure artistry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    I haven't missed a moment of this latest season, and it's every bit as good (although I miss Billy Bob). I'd recommend anyone who missed out going to "Catch Up" and watch from the start of this season.

Quite apart from the fabulous way it's put together, from a photographer's POV I think it is superbly filmed and framed - pure artistry.
    I agree, some great imagery.

Best show on the "Agony Box" atm imho.... If only they could bring back "House".

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black comedy at it's best.

Don't watch a lot of the yank stuff preferring the English offerings, like the re-runs of 'Vera' and 'The Inspector Lynley Mysteries' (I think I have a thing for Sharon Small).
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only watched the first episode of season 1 and then for some reason missed the rest.

I've just watched the full Season 1 DVD. Wow, how good was Billy Bob Thornton.

As I said above, this is black comedy, but not for the squeamish.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched Fargo, the movie, last night on SBS.

Well worth watching on SBS on Demand if you haven't seen it.

It gives some insight into the $1million in the briefcase that pops up in Seasons 1 and 2.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh Kev. Mongo and Mrs Mongo cannot miss it. As you say, black comedy at its best.

If you really like this sort of stuff, Mongo has to mention the series of "Deadwood" and also the series called "Justified". Coincidence or not ( and Mongo suspects not) , both these series have the same leading actor - Timothy Olyphant and he is brilliant as are most of the actors/characters in these series.

One notch up from these two series is a small series called "True Detectives". This is this sort of thing at its true best with unrivalled quality acting that real actors really want to do. Mathew McConaughey probably plays the role of his career in this series in Mongo's opinion. It is a little out there for some but perseverance pays off big time for the hardened viewer.
    Last edited by mongo; 29-11-2015 at 3:06pm.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My other current 'must see' is 'The Fall'.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agreed - her too.

Ausphotography Regular Brian500au's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the watching tips guys - always looking for a good series to watch.

Little bit off topic but in Asia now we can buy an Android tv box. Basically it shows all cable channels over the internet for free (with ads). It is mostly aimed at Asians and Europeans for sport but it has all the world news channel, latest movies (even the new James Bond movie is available now) and most world TV series + reruns.

The box itself only sells for around $150-$200 but you need a fairly fast unlimited internet speed to run it. I dare say they are the future of TV.
    www.kjbphotography.com.au

1DxII, EOS R, 200-400 f4L Ext, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L II, 70-200 F4IS, 24-70 F2.8 II, 16-35 F4IS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah Deadwood - greatest TV series ever imho. Love justified as well. Fargo a close third. Vikings is up there as well for me. Tried The Fall but Gillian Andersons accent did my head in for some reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Olympus OM-D EM-1, 12-40mm f2.8, 45mm f1.8, Panny 25mm f1.7

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bconolly View Post
    Ah Deadwood - greatest TV series ever imho. Love justified as well. Fargo a close third. Vikings is up there as well for me. Tried The Fall but Gillian Andersons accent did my head in for some reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ahhhh.......another real and true believer ! Mongo forgot to mention Vikings but that is an absolute given in this company of series.

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for putting me onto the "Rake" series, Mongo. One of the best shows to come out of Australia, IMO. Richard Roxburgh is brilliant. Put me down as another fan of Deadwood as well.
    Last edited by Lance B; 01-12-2015 at 7:04pm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast