User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Do you have problems with Opera browser and images on Photobucket?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have problems with Opera browser and images on Photobucket?

Hello All,
    I've been suffering with this problem for quite a while, and finally found a fix.
    If you are using Opera 12.16 or 12.17 (the last of the 'old and good' Opera versions, a fix can be found at http://forums.opera.com/discussion/1...cket-issue-/p1.
    Look for the post by drewfx, dated March 28 and follow the destructions. Best to keep a copy handy just in case it doesn't work for you, so you can revert to original settings.
    Just in case you don't know, yu get to the "opera:config" page by typing "opera:config" (no quotes) into the address bar.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
    Terry

I like my computer more than my camera farmmax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for that. I'm going to give it a go. I had to "upgrade" to the newer version when the problem started. The "new" version is hopeless. It is not Opera at all. I still have an older version of Opera in the computer.

Account Closed
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm seeing some new issues with a couple of sites, and these issues go away when I revert to the original settings, so it looks like the fix as defined may not be complete...or we may have to trade off one problem for another.
    I'll go back to the original thread which proposed the fix and report what I'm seeing.
    Hopefully it will be OK for you.

Cheers,
    Terry

- - - Updated - - -

OK, latest update.
    If you read later postings re the "HTTP Accept" string, there is a bit more info which makes a minor, but seemingly important update to the string, which is as follows..."image/gif, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/x-ms-application, application/vnd.ms-xpsdocument, application/xaml+xml, application/x-ms-xbap, application/x-shockwave-flash, */*".
    Note the change from "/" to "*/*" at the end.
    I have just tried this and the new issues I was seeing have now gone.
    Good lesson, read the whole story, there may be more to learn!
    Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Terry