In the "Time" 52/2015 Challenge @fenderstrat1963; asked to see some more old clocks.

Well, here are a few:

Clock1.jpg

Clock2.jpg

Clock3.jpg

This next one is fully handmade including the mechanism

BrucesClock.jpg

I don't have a photo of the mechanism in the above clock, which is certainly unique, as my Uncle (Bruced) designed it to resolve a well known wear problem with the standard escapement design with components that slide across the escapement wheel. With this design, the escapement has no sliding parts, and therefore reduced wear. Here is a photo of the prototype built in meccano. This prototype includes a second hand attached directly to a rod passing through the 2 escapement wheels which you can see made from brass. Bruce originally built this design completely out of meccano including the escapement wheels, which has been running constantly for the past 40 years. The original doesn't have a second hand. I helped build the below prototype about 20 years ago, and our aim was to have a second hand. The problem we found with using genuine meccano parts was that the escapement had 56 teeth so the second hand would not tick in seconds, but would rather have 56 units to the minute, so Bruce manufactured wheels with the right number of teeth for a 60 second minute. Of course once we'd started along the path of making parts for the clock out of hunks of brass instead of meccano, Bruce decided he had to go the whole hog, and construct a clock using his escapement design with no meccano components. This is now sitting in the above clock case.

Prototype clock mechanism:
MeccanoMechanism.jpg