Thread: Photoshop panoramas

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by outstar79 View Post
    Photoshop/lightroom panoramic modes are good but I found MsICE to be great, it's free and easily stitches mutli-rowed panoramas with ease - so easy to use, then you can open in lightroom or photoshop for editing. With the amount of times I have ended up with "boomerangs" with photoshop - I opted for ICE and it worked so much better But each to their own, depends on what you're comfortable working with
    http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/.../projects/ice/
    Thanks Adam I will check it out to see if there is a mac version... if its easier to use all the better

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by geoffsta View Post
    I don't use lightroom, I use bridge. (Which came with photoshop CC) then follow the prompts.

Attachment 120474
    Thanks Geoff I will try bridge on the next pano and compare the results, I did an 11 shot pano last night on PS and it took about 45mins to complete and I wasn't real happy with the results.... the horizon was a big curve and I lost a lot of foreground... although it could be the settings I used also
    Cheers Gayle & Colin

Give Life your Best Shot.
    http://flickr.com/photos/2blooms/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by out n about View Post
    I did an 11 shot pano last night on PS and it took about 45mins to complete and I wasn't real happy with the results.... the horizon was a big curve and I lost a lot of foreground... although it could be the settings I used also
    Yes, it IS the settings you're using. Using Auto will do that. Try using the setting second from the bottom which I think from memory is called collate or something similar. I can't check because I'm running a batch edit at the moment, and I don't want to interrupt it. Applying the lens correction options in your settings at the moment is what is curving your horizons. Same for the bloke above who is referring to "boomerangs". If I can find my laptop, I'll have a look on it for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is. It's called Collage. Check the box for "Blend Images Together". Try that, and if you want to speed it up, try opening your RAW files in 8-bit instead of 16-bit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12