Thread: Image hosting and storage options

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Image hosting and storage options

For reasons... I would like my EXIF info to be available on the images I link here.

The current site I upload to and use for linking to here and anywhere else is IMGUR.com
    This site has many features that have made it quite convenient as a image host.
    Now the one feature they do not offer (as far as I know) is the ability to leave the EXIF info in a pic.

The pro's have been, it's free.
    Free to create an account. Free to upload any number of images and no linking restrictions.
    I can upload a pic to my account as a single image or as part of an album.
    Accounts and images never get removed due to inactivity (so far).
    There is no resizing/modifying of the original image.
    and it is soooo free.

Now... I want to have the EXIF info available and this means finding another host site.
    I have never actually tried any other.

When I see forums on the net and see that little box instead of a linked image, that says, "This image cannot be displayed because...", I think that that host is not one reliable enough to host my images.
    I see it most with Photobucket and tinypic... but that could also be because they are used the most?

I would like to know what hosts the members here prefer to use.

I would like a free account.
    Able to upload large file sizes.
    No limit (or a large enough) to the amount of images/MB uploaded to an account.
    No deletion due to inactivity.
    Doesn't strip an image of the EXIF info.

I have been going through many of the old threads here, using Google... to check previous topics of this nature.
    There were some that gave some good reviews about 500px... but then mentioned that most are uploading their 'Sunday Best' there.

Personally... I'm looking for a site to host the images I post here for critique... and they will not all be 'Sunday Best' that's for sure.

I doubt that there is a perfect site... but am interested in what people here use and would recommend.
    If this topic has been discussed to death... please direct me to the threads if you can find them.

thanks,
    JDude.
    Last edited by JDuding; 01-10-2015 at 12:57pm.