User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Dontcha Hate It When You Find A "Replica" of One OF Your Loved Photos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dontcha Hate It When You Find A "Replica" of One OF Your Loved Photos.

I know it must have been shot a dodecasquadrillion times but last year I found an
    image almost identical to mine (below) on the net. Faaaaarking SPEWBAGS!

Fortunately mine's better (it's hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way)
    and predates the one I found by about 2 years.

The D700 I shot the "Design Hub" with, was loaned to me by a staff member of the RMIT.
    I liked the results of that Nikon so much I bought one of my own :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Circled By Confusion; 22-09-2015 at 7:03am.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually! I don't. I think it just shows that some photographers think similarly and that many of us tend to have coinciding personalities.

Of course, there are many obvious photogenic subjects that just attract photographers like sugar does to ants .. so it's a certainty in life that you'll see replicas of not only your photos somewhere but many photos in general.

A few months ago, a very well respected member here posted an image of just a random little valley from the Vic high country.
    It was a scene that I'd suspect not many photographers would ever really stop to capture, and it really didn't contain any specific subject of interest. I laughed out violently when I saw that version of a shot that I'd captured myself a few years earlier too, but only in that it wasn't your average every day replica of anything specific(as in this image).

I'd have been surprised if there weren't a few versions of this scene all with a fairly similar look, if not exactly the same. That's the way photography goes, I s'pose.

I haven't been up that side of Melb for many years(I used to go to RMIT) .. but I reckon had I had some time in that area, I'd have probably shot something similar myself.
    (actually .. that last comment reminds me that I need to remember to get out more! )

ps, good image too.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post

Actually! I don't. I think it just shows that some photographers think similarly and that many of us tend to have coinciding personalities.

Of course, there are many obvious photogenic subjects that just attract photographers like sugar does to ants .. so it's a certainty in life that you'll see replicas of not only your photos somewhere but many photos in general.

A few months ago, a very well respected member here posted an image of just a random little valley from the Vic high country.
    It was a scene that I'd suspect not many photographers would ever really stop to capture, and it really didn't contain any specific subject of interest. I laughed out violently when I saw that version of a shot that I'd captured myself a few years earlier too, but only in that it wasn't your average every day replica of anything specific(as in this image).

I'd have been surprised if there weren't a few versions of this scene all with a fairly similar look, if not exactly the same. That's the way photography goes, I s'pose.

I haven't been up that side of Melb for many years(I used to go to RMIT) .. but I reckon had I had some time in that area, I'd have probably shot something similar myself.
    (actually .. that last comment reminds me that I need to remember to get out more! )

ps, good image too.
    It does beg to be photographed.

Thanks for the encouragement too Arthur.

Regards,

Alan.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CbC, I am captured by this image. An allsoran like me would not have noticed the potential of this viewpoint, but I am sure that many talented photographers would notice and seize the opportunity.
    Fortunately your sense of humour will alleviate your distress.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martycon View Post
    CbC, I am captured by this image. An allsoran like me would not have noticed the potential of this viewpoint, but I am sure that many talented photographers would notice and seize the opportunity.
    Fortunately your sense of humour will alleviate your distress.
    "allsoran"... must of been some bloody fast runners in that race bro