Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Slideshow making?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slideshow making?

Hi all,

there has not been any questions or suggestions regarding slideshows making, and I've been surfing the web looking for a good, not expensive, tool to do this with nice output, and not too much technical skill needed.

I do have lightroom cc, and used that two years ago, but found it fairly basic.

I've found a site called Kizoa, and wondering if anyone has used this before? or has recommendations for a different site? I like the text effects and animations available. Unless of course someone can help me make my lightroom slideshows a little more flashy or point me in the direction of a tutorial that shows me this... I have looked at a few tutorials, but again not very flashy..

To put it in context, this will be used at a sporting end of year presentation, not for an embedded website slideshow of photos..

Thanks in advance.
    Mark
    Hi I'm Mark - See me on Flikr or Google+
    Feel free to make comments or give me advice.. also to add me to your social network
    Using Canon 650D and Lenses: Canon EF 85mm 1.8, EF 50mm 1.8, EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS and EF-S55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS

I like my computer more than my camera farmmax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faststone Image Viewer, which I use for viewing, batch renaming, resizing and sorting images on my computer, has a slide show creator in it. I've never tried using that part of it, but here are some instructions if you want to see if it suits you:

http://www.taurangaseniornet.co.nz/s...-faststone.pdf

Best of all, Faststone Image viewer is free, very light on computer resources.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of all the things I knew about FSTN that was not one of them, Fmax. Ta for the info.

--And Mark, the GOOD thing about it is that you don't have to submit your pics online somewhere. I wonder what T&Cs they have???

When I saw your post earlier it seemed that (for me the old) MS Powerpoint would do this. If so, I'm NOT advocating it unless you already
    have MS OFFICE. Another FREE program is Open Office, which has a "Presentation" facility in it. I haven't used that part of OO, but most
    of the rest. Here is their site.

Functionally, OO is pretty much like MS OFFICE.

Am.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: "Presentation" because they could hardly call it "Powerpoint" - a silly and non-intuitive name which is usually lengthened out with "presentation", anyway.
    Last edited by ameerat42; 26-08-2015 at 5:12pm.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks both Faststone definately looks like an interesting prospect.
    Yeah, I'm well versed in making presentations in powerpoint, never really considered it for this purpose due to what I would expect the final file size to end up like...

This is the terms of use (mind that the whole T7C document is about 2 spacious A4 sheets, in plain english - so not very thorough)

USER RIGHTSThe photos transferred by the user to his/her account remain his/her property. The user declaresthat he/she holds, in accordance with the laws currently in effect, the intellectual property rights tothe photos he/she stores on the Kizoa web platform according to the Conditions of Use. Kizoa is inno way responsible for the user’s violation of any Rights held by third parties that may be committedusing the intermediary of Kizoa services.

I can't find anything about the company being able to use my images, nor me agreeing to transfer usage rights to them.

I like my computer more than my camera farmmax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Powerpoint presentations can be compressed to what ever size you want. I remember having to do one to present on a webpage, back when webpages were nowhere near the file sizes they are now. I was surprised how well it worked out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As one who has sat through a few slideshows in my (almost) 60 years, ans more than my share of Powerpoint presentations, my only advice is this:

(1) You DO NOT need to use every font available in the package for your titles; and

(2). You DO NOT need to incorporate every transition effect available when building your presentation.

you'd be surprised at how many do!

Thats my $0.02 worth!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faststone is good for slideshows as already mentioned. It is limited to 2gb in size, so if you use a lot of slides, or large slides and lots of transitions and musical backing, you can run into that limitation. ACDSee also does great slideshows and also screensavers that can be installed using windows. There is another solution I use too, and that is JAlbum which used to be free but now costs $15 or thereabouts if I remember correctly. It will produce a slideshow that can be viewed in any browser. If you put it online, you can also get skins that allow you to sell via PayPal directly from your slides. I tend to use the Turtle skin as it looks good on-screen, and is simple. JAlbum slideshows and photo galleries are easy to put on your website.

Hmm. Just looked it up and I see a licence is now USD$44. It was free for a very long time, and you just bought skins if you wanted to. Times change I guess.
    Last edited by Warbler; 30-08-2015 at 4:16pm.