Well... I have a front row seat... from my back balcony.

They are just about to start a 170ha burn off in the national park behind my place.
The chopper is flying overhead and the crews are preparing to light it up within sight of my balcony.

Yeh ha! for opportunity.

Bummer for not having better camera equipment on hand.
My current camera's zoom is pitiful.
Also... a lot of concern for the wildlife... I have contacted WIRES to give them a heads up.

I have recently put out a dish of water for the birds and they have been getting acquainted to it for a couple of days now.
But will need to go for a walk when it's all done to see if there is anything I can do for any injured wildlife.
The biggest bummer... I work weekends. so the best time to be looking for the animals and getting some shots of smouldering tree stumps... I'll be at work.
The forecast for all of next week is rain... so it will be a very interesting time.

This is the first time I've lived near a national park during a burn off.

Excited as much as I'm concerned.

Hope to get some good pics from this.
Also have been spending the last couple of months getting a bunch of before pics... so that I can get a time laps thing happening of the recovery process of the park.

I really wish I had better equipment for all of this... but I am happy with some of my recent shots with the equipment that I have... thanks to the advice I've gotten from here... so maybe it's not so bad.

Cheers all.