Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Yongnuo Triggers YN622C

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yongnuo Triggers YN622C

Hi all,

I think I have done all of my due diligence on the Yongnuo YN622c-TX and the YN622c triggers, which will be used to fire my Yongnuo 568EXII flashes using my Canon 7D, they appear to do what I am after.

My question is to other users of these transmitters and receivers, how do you rate them for ease of use, effectiveness and longevity, I understand you get what you pay for, but I have used their flashes for awhile now with no issues.

Regards

Barry H

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't used that particular model number in the way of triggers but we have 2 pairs of the yn 602 triggers that have had a heck of a lot of use both firing remote strobes and also acting as remote shutter releases with a change of cord. Replaced the non rechargeable batteries in the triggers and recharged the AAAs in the receivers many times, no sign of them dying or falling apart and they have simply worked consistently over the years. I believe that you get more than you pay for with some of their products, especially considering they were priced around the $30.00 point for each pair.
    Last edited by I @ M; 23-07-2015 at 9:21pm.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used Yongnuo flashes and the RF-602/N Wireless Flash Triggers with no problems. Agree with Andrew above, you get more than you paid for.
    Andrew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a pair of 622C & a 622C-TX at home and they've fired every time I've used them so far which bear in mind, has not been much since I've just started getting into off camera flash photography myself.

All in all, they seem to be quite solid in functionality!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are brilliant.
    Never missed a beat and i do use them on every shoot requiring an off-camera flash.

One thing you must always be mindful of is the buttons.
    It is VERY easy to change the channel when you hold them. And of course if you do, they will not communicate with your receiver.
    Apart from that, I am very happy with them.
    “Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst" – Henri Cartier-Bresson
    **Commercial Link Removed by Admin**

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought four YN622n myself. Had a bit of a play on Sunday and didn't miss fire once, have read a lot of good reviews on this model and up too 1/8000 sync ,which is why I decided on Yongnuo. Would like to know how you pronounce Yongnuo though every tutorial I watch, it seems to be pronounced differently by the host. LOL At the moment Im going with "Yong new", the o is silent I guess.
    Cheers Glenn
    NIKON D610
    FUJIFILM X-T20

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I initially had the eTTL unit for the two Canon flashes, but found that being IR they did not work too well if not in appropriate proximity to the transmitted. The advantage of eTTL is terrific but in the end I found not essential. Even with losing my light meter ..now where did i put it?? ...you get a fair idea from the screen. Not accurate till you get to the computer I know - not something for the Wedding shoot. Anyway the radio transmitters are incredibly cheap, but can't seriously be used professionally unless you treat them as a disposable asset, and have another set standing by. Also power setting isn't generally in the mix. So fun with the family and friends and well exposed pictures above the usual pancake shots from an on camera flash is where I would rank my kind of kit.

Kit that lets you dial up proper settings, with suitable power and adjustment - takes you into a different realm I reckon.
    Berni

""The most important piece of camera equipment you will ever own sits between your ears...."