Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Head North Young Man... :)

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. As a preliminary reply, I can tell you that the whole of the road between Peel (N of Bathurst) and Bylong
    (up past Rylstone) has a lot very neck-twisting scenery. I haven't headed to Sandy Hollow that way, but I can imagine!!!

Now a Q or 2:
    So is this supposed to be a non-stop trek, or are you planning delays along the way? (I might add at this point to have a look
    at Kevin's CW thread again as you'll be
    covering some common ground. Just as an example, the area around Capertee (a bit SE of Ilford is v. picturesque).

Oh, there's a lot more, but this will do for now...

- - - Updated - - -

(Reminder to self: the pull up Black Mt near Guyra is...)
    CC, Image editing OK.

I like my computer more than my camera farmmax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The trip through the Bylong Valley and onto Sandy Hollow is probably one of my favourite drives. Spectacular views. The Widden Valley off the Sandy Hollow road is also highly scenic, but you have to drive in, then back out of it.

The Capertee Valley can be driven through from Capertee to Rylstone and is well worth the trip. Dirt, but fine for a normal vehicle.

I'm sure MarkL is bouncing up and down saying Mudgee, Mudgee Mudgee Nosey is well worth seeing

Member formerly known as : Lplates Glenda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you'll be spoilt for choice Gaz. I really liked the Armidale and Glen Innis areas in NSW and a side trip along Waterfall Way and Dorrigo east of Armidale is worth it. Bald Rock National Park in Tenterfield is well worth the walk to the top. In Qld I like the Warwick area - drive east to the Queen Mary Falls and Killarney area and there's Cania Gorge just out of Monto. Heaps of other places but I'm sure your main goal is Tannum and spending time with family. Have a safe trip and more than happy to join you for a photography outing while you're up if you have the time.
    Glenda

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [aside] We'll have to start calling Mudgee "The Mark", although what it borders is uncertain - possibly the rest of the world. [/aside]

(This post is about the aside above. The remainder of this post has been intentionally left BLANK)

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much everyone - I really appreciate the your time, thoughts and advice ... looks like I'll be totally rearranging/re-planning my simple ideas.

I was going to spread the whole trip (Mildura - Tannum) over 6 - 7, even 8 days stopping off at heaps of different locations spread out along the way.... However, now it appears there's far too much to see and do in such a short time over a that long distance. Oh well...best laid plans of mice & men an all that.....

S o o oo o .... after a reading all of the above (and a cuppla PM's) then a or 2, it's starting to make more sense to drive a full day from home (Mildura area) then concentrate my time r r r o u g h l y between Katoomba and Tenterfield?... "Nothing set in concrete".... taking in as many of the above suggestions as I can, then another full days drive up to Tannum/Gladstone and the family

I'm looking forward to tagging along with the 'Drip' crew taking in all the sites (Maybe meet Nosey and learn a thing or 2) ... then later up north I may get to see Gabby's secret tree out at the lake/dam and other interesting local locations (Again, some more learning)

Thanks again folks -
    What a bonus, looks like I'll be putting a few faces to names along the way .... Hmmmm (Maybe not a bonus for them...(Gaz chuckles)...oh well....)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    [aside] We'll have to start calling Mudgee "The Mark", although what it borders is uncertain - possibly the rest of the world. [/aside]

(This post is about the aside above. The remainder of this post has been intentionally left BLANK)
    Hmmm ... "The Mark" ... Maybe it could be made into a state/territory of it's own?

"Uncertain
    Borders you say?" ... Mark my words, the neighbours would be Nosey (That's sad Gaz,so sad, I'm sure someone could improve on that...
    )

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't help you with much in QLD mate since you seem to be studiously avoiding the coastal strip until you get to your destination.....
    Gear: Panasonic Lumix FZ200 / Huawei Mate 20 / LR 5, PSE 12, Da Vinci resolve

"I may be crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LV. Maybe he'll come back that way

Gazza. It might surprise you to know (-or not!) that I've been through BOTH Merbein and Birdwoodton on the way to the Murray-Darling confluence (Wentworth),
    though in 2009 and can remember a little about them. It was on a Syd-to-L Eyre S-SA-KI-Vic odyssey of 7000 K.
    Last edited by ameerat42; 13-07-2015 at 5:38pm.

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by landyvlad View Post
    Can't help you with much in QLD mate since you seem to be studiously avoiding the coastal strip until you get to your destination.....
    Sorry mate, I've been up and down that coast road so many times in recent years and was looking for something different (Well, different for me anyway)
    I maybe heading home down the coast via Canberra (Wow? That's going to be a big VIA!!....) but I'm guessing that'll be a quick non-stop trip at this stage?

Cheers -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    LV. Maybe he'll come back that way

Gazza. It might surprise you to know (-or not!) that I've been through BOTH Merbein and Birdwoodton on the way to the Murray-Darling confluence (Wentworth),
    though in 2009 and can remember a little about them. It was on a Syd-to-L Eyre S-SA-KI-Vic odyssey of 7000 K.
    Arh...2009 what a fine year.... nothings changed Am, wait, I tell a lie....Mrs Smith on the corner got a new letter box 2010 - 2011, not too sure? busy busy busy times

That would've been one very interesting trip you guys did back then. Hope ya had a camera between ya's?
    Last edited by Gazza; 13-07-2015 at 5:59pm.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    go this way and stop every 1.5 k's and take a pic.

https://goo.gl/maps/GSA2a
    Regards
    John
    Nikon D750, Sigma 105mm OS Macro, Tokina 16-28 F2.8, Sigma 24-105 Art, Sigma 150-600C,
    Benro Tripod and Monopod with Arca plates

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J.davis View Post
    go this way and stop every 1.5 k's and take a pic.

https://goo.gl/maps/GSA2a
    Thanks for that John - , it's heading in the right direction...just added it to the GPS -

Cheers -

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post

Hmmm ... "The Mark" ... Maybe it could be made into a state/territory of it's own?

"Uncertain
    Borders you say?" ... Mark my words, the neighbours would be Nosey (That's sad Gaz,so sad, I'm sure someone could improve on that...
    )
    I'm already in a state of my own and I don't like the neighbours.
    Now leave me alone.
    Last edited by Mark L; 16-07-2015 at 12:19am.

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small Update for those interested

After enjoying the 'Mini Mudgee Meetup' (Many thanks to @Mark L, @ameerat42, @kevin301 (+ Partner) and @enseth) I headed further north incorporating the path suggested by @J.davis, Great bit of road John - (Wish I had a hire car ... could've tried a bit of Rally Driving) ... long story short, ended up in Gladstone - "Intended destination"

A cuppla days ago I up with more AP'ers, @Lplates & @Rtyd (aka...'Mountain Goat', "Very energetic!") and spent an evening photographing the Gladstone Marina (Hopefully and image or 3 to post when I get home?)

Apart from that, "I been enjoying long walks on the beach", "looking forward to world peace", "being kind to animals" .... Oooops! that's part of my 'Beauty Pageant' speech, erase that from ya memories if ya can
    Last edited by Gazza; 31-07-2015 at 9:49am.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad the road trip is going well!

drive safely! Looking forward to your photos