User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: 3200$ second hand wedding dress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3200$ second hand wedding dress

I was trolling ebay for a second hand wedding dress for a mockup wedding workshop and saw this 3200$ second hand dress.
    On the same page there were some acceptably looking NEW chinese made bridal dresses for about 120$ delivered.
    Clicked on that pricey dress and found that the bride actually paid 7200$ for it new, and now only wants half price.

That made me wonder. If she paid over 7grand for a dress, how much did she pay for her photography?
    Im thinking, that would be my ideal customer... well she wasn't.

She posted a few images of the dress from her wedding on ebay. Judging by the images I don't think she paid for them.
    What i suspect is that she just asked he uncle Bob or a friend who has a Big camera to take pictures at her wedding.

This is kind of annoying and sad. She pays a fortune for a dress, probably paid a couple of grand for the cake.
    They happily pay over a grand for a limo, but they have a 500$ budget for photography. And she will complain how expensive we are.

Seeing this dress offered on ebay kind of made me smile.
    She will probably get 100$ for it, and the expensive cake she flushed down the toilet the next day...
    all she has now as a memory of that grand and expansive wedding is a bunch of crappy images.
    Servers her about right
    “Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst" – Henri Cartier-Bresson
    **Commercial Link Removed by Admin**

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hehehe.

I have a relative who married into a wealthy family. They happily announced during the speeches at the reception that they paid $49K for the wedding dress. Had Cold Chisel as the wedding band (cause the bride liked cold chisel). Not sure how much they paid the photographer, but the photos were stunning, and pre-digital.

Marriage lasted about 2 years.

My relative is now married to a happily re-married to a normal chick!
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it would make you wonder how much they spent on the photographer.
    Lots of lovely 2nd hand wedding dresses at the OP shops and probably cheaper than those new ones from OS.

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got myself a kind-of bridal dress at Vinnies today.
    $12.50
    Not a full length, but will do for now. Will visit on OP shot more often for a proper wedding dress.
    They are always handy. And I didn't know they are so cheap second hand.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a family friend got married yesterday, and i was asked if i could do the camera work.
    after being defibbulated i said no because it is too important an occasion for someone like me who has neither the equipment, training or experience.
    cc and enjoy

Photography is painting with light

K1, Pentax 18-250mm zoom, Pentax 100mm macro, Sigma 50-500mm, Pentax 28-105mm
    Velbon Sherpa tripod Photoshop CS6

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to a lovely friendly, family wedding a couple of years back - ceremony down at the beach, reception in the bowls club. They left several disposable cameras on each table at the reception so everyone was the official photographer! It was a nice friendly idea, but i doubt whether the images were technically or artistically good enough for them. I presume the photography was not their top priority. Any way, just goes to show that there are all sorts, and although we might value the photographic image (for all sorts of reasons) plenty of people don't really care. We should keep that in mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL I did the opposite.......I paid $800 for a second hand wedding dress so I could afford to pay my photographer $6000

- - - Updated - - -

and I still LOVE my photos!!
    Canon 5diii; Canon 7D; Canon 3.5 15-85mm IS USM; Canon 4-5.6 70-300mm IS USM; Canon 1.4 50mm , Canon Macro 100mm 2.8 L IS USM, Canon 35mm 1.4 L USM, Canon 24-105mm L IS USM, CPL and UV filters, manfrotto tripod and Lowepro backpack plus dreams for so much more!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Moved this thread as it was in the Photo CC forum for weddings, when it isn't a CC thread.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CandidTown View Post
    Seeing this dress offered on ebay kind of made me smile.
    She will probably get 100$ for it, and the expensive cake she flushed down the toilet the next day...
    all she has now as a memory of that grand and expansive wedding is a bunch of crappy images.
    Servers her about right
    and maybe she's happy with what happened on the day and the memory. Doesn't care about the crappy images because she prefers the memory and just gets on with life?
    Can't remember the last time we looked at our wedding photos so I'm glad we got mates rates back then.