Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Capertee

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Capertee

So im off to capertee valley on Friday , only have a day there so setting off around 3am from Sydney to get there for first light . after birds of any description . any good spots i should head for, i have downloaded a map that seems quiet good picking out general places but i was throwing out there to all that have been to the bird mecca of capertee
    long live

http://www.birdphotographyworkshops.com.au

Canon R7, and a lot of other bits and bobs

I like my computer more than my camera farmmax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you think birds and Capertee, the obvious one is the Regent Honeyeater. There is also more information on birds in the Capertee at that link.

Here is another link to birding in the Capertee http://www.duadepaton.com/birding-in...ee-valley-nsw/

The forecast for the next week is very cold overnight. If you are camping you had better be prepared for -3°C and under this coming week.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So how did it go?
    A bit more notice and I'd have tried to join you.
    Of cause maybe you didn't want that.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry buddy was a last minute thing.... well i got there at 6.20am still a little too dark and a lovely crisp -7 .... yes -7 even for a pommie like me it was a bit chilli, but i waited for the sun to shine down and warm things up, and low and behold it got to a steamy -4.
    followed the road through the valled towards the birding areas started off a little quite then BOOM bloody birds everywhere , eagles , buzzards, wrens, robins, every species of honey eater ( except the regents) rattled off over 1000 images which is going to take a while to get through.
    but next time im up that way mark ill give you a shout , more the merrier i say

I like my computer more than my camera farmmax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's really great Glad the birds obliged, and I'll look forward to the photos. Glad it was you in the cold rather than me.