Received it in the post today and after mounting it and adjusting ball lock and friction to suit one lens on a body the initial thoughts are all positive.

It arrives in a neoprene bag that will serve as a cover for the ball head whilst mounted on the tripod, the other contents of the box it is packed in are an instruction sheet ( well written with no Chinglish guesses required ) covering mounting to the tripod, friction and lock adjustment procedures, panning base adjustment and locking, a camera plate, allen head screw + key to replace the "finger lock" screw if required, warranty card and a couple of silica desiccant bags to keep it all fresh.

Mounting to a tripod is by "the normal" 3/8 bolt and from there it is easy to adjust the ball lock and friction controls with a body and lens mounted.
Different body / lens combinations will require the friction control to be adjusted to suit your needs but it is a very quick and painless process.
The supplied camera plate and mating screw lock clamp are arca swiss compatible and when I had mounted the head on the tripod I undid the plate lock screw just enough to remove the plate from the clamp, inserting my lens with a different brand plate attached required zero movement of the plate lock knob from when I had removed the supplied camera plate and without getting the verniers out I would say that they would be within 10ths of millimetres difference. Whilst the supplied clamp plate is well made with good locking knob I may swap it with the Hejnar Photographics plate on my old head as I like the length of both the Hejnar Plate and the clamp screw. Certainly as the Surui is supplied it is a workable product within 10 minutes of unpacking it.
Overall build and finish on the ball head, clamp and plate seem excellent. The price is very competitive in that ballhead size range. The locking knob requires a very small amount of turning to go from totally free to solid as a rock, likewise the friction control on the ball has adjustibility from as slippery as a silicone coated eel to almost unmovable at the turn of a thumb screw. Ball friction is even over the entire range of movement with no sudden sticky spots encountered.
I don't intend to use this head as one that requires millimetre precise framing and in a couple of reviews it was noted that the pre lock and post lock point of aim differences were higher than some other brands but in a "casual test" today I can see pretty negligible difference.
Photo below shows it mounted to a set of legs, panning scale is visible, the panning lock knob is 180 degrees from the scale. Ball lock is accomplished by the big knob and ball friction is done by the small silver thumb screw situated at about 7 o'clock in the big knob.

The ball head was purchased from Mainline Photographics in Sydney, their service was excellent. One phonecall to check stock availability and then ordered on line with instant receipt of payment and then Aus Post tracking emails within a couple of hours of ordering.