I understand this is the forum for those new to photography, but I was hoping some of the more experienced hands would give their insights and hopefully the less experienced members could learn something.

I've been spending some spare time perusing the internet, looking for photography-related resources. Now I admit I've had an SLR for 30 years, so I'm pretty familiar with the workings and the "basics" of photography. Some areas I am new at, such as post processing, but in general I can find my way around a camera with some confidence.

So I find myself looking at some sites that are for "beginners", some that talk about "this is for the more advanced photographer" and some that just profess to explaining things without thinking of the terminology they use or dismissing some steps with single lines that assume you know exactly how to "disassemble the wibble cam from the sprocket shaft" (or similar!)

So it got me to thinking, we probably all automatically stick ourselves into pigeon holes based on where we think our experience level lies, but it is just a case that "there are things we know and things we don't"? Do you ever discover a very basic tip that you realised you never knew before? Or does someone tell you that "only an expert can do that" and it all appears straight forward to you.

So do you think you fit somewhere in the learning pecking order, or do you just open your mind to anything?