User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

Thread: Photo of the Week : Forum and Voting

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Photo of the Week : Forum and Voting

After a suggestion HERE, I have created a sub-forum in the Photo of the Week forum. This sub-forum is called : Voting : Photo of the Week.

Over the next few weeks, all voting threads for Photo of the week will automatically be created in this new sub-forum. The main Photo of the Week forum will continue to have Competition Announcement threads and Winners threads. As per usual, you will be able to access Photo of the Week voting, via the COMPETITIONS menu across the top of the site, or alternately via the threads in the new Voting - Photo of the Week forum.

The photo of the week competition closing for entries tonight (Week #467 - SEPIA) has been edited to generate the voting threads in the new Voting forum. I will let this trial run for 2-3 weeks so we can see the benefits/disadvantages of it over a few competitions. Once we have run this for a few weeks, I will touch base with members to find out if this has made the Photo of the Week forum tidier and easier to follow.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So we have run this for a couple of weeks now. What does everyone think of the POTW forum? It is tidier by having the comp announcement and winners in the main forum and voting in the sub-forum?

All feedback appreciated.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks much less cluttered to me. May take some time for the less clutter to dawn on members and lead to more comments on the weekly winners.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another couple of weeks in and what do members think

http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...to-of-the-Week

Is the forum tidier and easier to follow, by having the comp announcement and winners in the main forum and the voting in the sub-forum?
    Last edited by ricktas; 06-07-2015 at 6:40am.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rick I did not find it cluttered before.
    Has it made any difference in the Winners Forum I dont think so, its still the same where Very Few Members Congratulate the Winners
    Except on the Three Skill Levels Comps where there are three Winners replying instead of One and you expect more from Members that like their work.
    My 52/2011 Challenge

I shoot with Canon And Olympus Cameras