Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting how many now do not own a digital camera

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    You be careful young fella. I has access to a big red button!
    I think most of the super 8 cameras had big red buttons

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i used to think back in the film days that most people waling around with SLRs were out of their depth, and would have been better off with a point and shoot. i still think the same now in the digital era.
    so maybe some people have woken up to the reality that a DSLR is a waste of money as far as their camera needs go
    cc and enjoy

Photography is painting with light

K1, Pentax 18-250mm zoom, Pentax 100mm macro, Sigma 50-500mm, Pentax 28-105mm
    Velbon Sherpa tripod Photoshop CS6

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissionMan View Post
    I think most of the super 8 cameras had big red buttons
    Ah yes, but the red button on my super 8 lets me record stuff and see it again later. The big red button on AP, lets me remove 'stuff' that then cannot be seen at all. Just a minor difference in operational procedure, but a vast difference for those involved in the viewing.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new GoPro is waterproof without a special case, is reasonably robust and has only one button. My iPhone doesn't like water and if I drop it, well..... I believe that the action camera market is the next big opportunity and will take over from the traditional point and shoot.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the title could as well have read, "Interesting how many now still own a digital camera".
    CC, Image editing OK.

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HughD View Post
    The new GoPro is waterproof without a special case, is reasonably robust and has only one button. My iPhone doesn't like water and if I drop it, well..... I believe that the action camera market is the next big opportunity and will take over from the traditional point and shoot.
    I'm not sure if I agree. GoPro's are great for things like sport, but I've never looked at it beyond that and having heaps of video is a mission to edit.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see the new sony p&s has 4k video and stills. As well as the usual 20mp. Super slow motion video, reasonably fast lens, and wifi. Lots of nice features in a very small camera.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to have a couple of small point-and-shoot cameras! One I used to leave in my car, and one I used to always carry with me.

I keep looking at smaller point and shoot size cameras, like the Sony RX100 series! But just can't justify buying one, not when I have an iPhone with me wherever I go. But I want to get one, because underwater housing for them is soooooooo much cheaper than for a full size DSLR!

My 5D3 always tends to be with me, whether it is locked in my car, or sitting in the corner of whoever's house I happen to be visiting at the time. I also tend to use my iPhone more than my 5D3 now, unless if I am going for something that requires proper photography (and not just a simple photo for the sake of remembering something, or to quickly share something on FB). Phones are so capable these days!

In saying that, my phone will never replace my DSLR as a form of photography! It is merely a tool/useful quick camera, not a 'proper photography device' for me.

Decided to "shave" my signature ;]
    Now mostly shoots with: Canon 5D MK3 & Canon 24-70 f/2.8/50mm f/1.8 (also have a 550D with a variety of lenses/goodies and a Sony Nex-5N)
    PP with: Lightroom only, Photoshop is merely a 9-5 work tool for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12