Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
You could have left the question for others to see and learn from.
Sorry. I was embarrassed I asked the question without looking properly first. As you can see, I posted the question and then found the answer within 2 minutes myself, so I didn't think anyone would have seen the question in that timeframe. Like I said, I should have looked (properly) before I asked.

Anyway, I now have a question.

I took some photos (-1 EV, 0EV and +1 EV) and used the "Automate" --> "Merge to HDR" command to try an attempt at an HDR photo. When I save the resulting file (as a TIFF file), the resulting TIFF file looks overexposed when opened in "windows photo viewer" (as does the thumbnail) but in Photoshop, it looks ok. I can't seem to save in any other format that is compatible with say Paint.NET to see how it looks in that program.

Question - do I need to install plugins to save as BMP or JPG etc? In the Help file for BMP, it says "Choose File --> Save As and choose BMP from the Format Menu" yet the only choices I have are: Photoshop, TIFF, Large Document Format, OpenEXR, Portable Bit Map, or Radiance. There's no BMP option.