Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Canon Error 80 message

Ausphotography Regular wideangle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canon Error 80 message

Has anyone ever got an Error 80 message on their Canon DSLR, and know what error 80 means?
    please ask before PP my images

"Life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What model is the DSLR?
    Are you using a canon lens?
    Does it happen every time you try to use it?

"have you turned it off" And "pulled the battery out" And "changed the memory card to another" And "if you have 2 batteries swap to another" then put it all back and try again.

Ensure the memory card is a fast one!!!!

also while doing the above have a peek inside the front and see if mirror looks loose or jammed or crooked !

do you pull out the memory card and then insert it in your computer to load files to your computer or do you use the cable directly to transfer files?

report back please

cheers Eden
    Last edited by Eden; 14-05-2015 at 1:40pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mmmmm, I think i had error 80 on my 5dm2 in 2011. Shutter box failure was the diagnosis, about $600 later and a new shutter it was all good. I was carrying my camera back across an estuary still mounted on the tripod, the water ran down the inside of the tripod legs, thru the head and across the camera body, not much, but enough to do the damage. probably not what you wanted to hear.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post
    Mmmmm, I think i had error 80 on my 5dm2 in 2011. Shutter box failure was the diagnosis, about $600 later and a new shutter it was all good. I was carrying my camera back across an estuary still mounted on the tripod, the water ran down the inside of the tripod legs, thru the head and across the camera body, not much, but enough to do the damage. probably not what you wanted to hear.
    No water got on the camera, although I was shooting in sub zero tempretures. I have never had the issue come up before, its the first time and haven't been able to replicate it since. I left the camera for about 10 minutes, turned it on again and all was back to normal. Mabye it was the sevre cold that "locked" the shutter as I have seen this mentioned in posts when shooting in sub zero conditions.
    Last edited by wideangle; 15-05-2015 at 12:17am.

Fishy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got this off another forum

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=8194.0

cheers Brian

^^^^^as Cris said
    Cheers Brian.

Canon 7D Kit lenses EFS 18-55 IS EFS 55-250 IS EF28-90 Canon EF 2xll Extender Sigma DG150-500 OS Speedlight 420EX. 580EX

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had this on my 7D when we were in Kruger last year (luckily I had taken my 5D MK III as well). When I came home, I sent it to Canon for repair and they said the whole top of the camera had to be replaced. I decided not to go ahead with the repairs due to cost, but when it came back it was working perfectly. Maybe something in the shutter release was stuck and when they checked the camera it came unstuck. From what you say though, your problem could have been the extreme cold making the shutter release freeze for a few moments.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bricat View Post
    I got this off another forum

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=8194.0

cheers Brian

^^^^^as Cris said
    Err 80: Electronic control or image malfunction so it says on that link. Still sounds rather abstract to me, I don't think its really worth sending in though if I haven't been able to replicate the issue since it happened?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mention has been made to pulling the SD card out and inserting it into your computer. I must admit that this is what I do when downloading.
    Is it the members opinion that it is better not to disturb the card too often, but rather download from the camera to the computer?
    Canon 6D
    Canon 40D
    16-35 L 2.8 11 USM
    24-105 L IS USM
    70-200 2.8 L IS USM 11