Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Acrylic Printing/Mounting - any advice/experience

I have been thinking about getting some photos printed and mounted on acrylic/perspex.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience, tip, tricks, or pitfalls etc.
    Also any recommendation on companies doing this.
    Mark

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had several mounted on acrylic and they give a very pleasing result for some prints.

Have a close look at the mounting system used by different suppliers, some use bolt through mounts, others use a frame attached to the back and others use a "glued on" hanger. The bolt through and attached frames are the best way to go.

The majour pitfall is that the acrylic surface is more prone to scratching than a good glass cover.

Have a look at sizes and pricing through RGB Digital in Brisvegas and see whether their sizing and prices suit your needs. http://www.rgbdigital.com.au/priceli...ed-prints.html

There is another company up there who do an excellent aluminium frame / mount for acrylics but their name escapes me. I saw their products at the PMA show in Melb a year or 2 ago and they offered large sizes and an excellent product.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.