User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My wedding photo nightmare: Bride’s bitter dispute with wedding photographer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see this as a two coined thing.. They did some research and found a bloke who had been covering weddings for 20 years. If he had been doing it that long... Why not?

Now some on here are bashing the weekend warrior.... Well I have seen some pretty crappy professional wedding TOG's, some charging mega bucks. And taking two to six months to deliver...
    But I have also seen some good ones... (Flip of the coin) And there is some pretty good weekend warriors on here that do a bloody good job as well....

Social media can be a good thing, but in this case a shocker.

My answer to weddings is a flat "No". I know my limits.... I do know some people. (Well a lot really) that buy an entry level DSLR and think they are the next Dylan and Maryanne Toh... all rolled into one...

It's a crazy world we live in...
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just read the news article.

Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    But..do we know he was drinking, we only have the bride's claim of that. Seems they are both throwing abuse at each other, of which we do not know what is true and what isn't.
    As for the drinking accusation part, it could be just the photographer was offered a glass of drink. My guess is that the drink could likely be non-alcohol or tiny amount, based on my experience (on non-photograph related business) people are good at twisting innocent act into something extremely nasty after maliciously exaggerating. Quite likely, it was something innocent or wasn't a big deal at all.

My guess of the event: there was a mis-delivery (which photographer apologised) and sounds like photos were not to bride's expectation. Bride demanded refund. Photographer refused. Bride was obviously unhappy and seemed revenge. Photographer also unhappy and ranted on Facebook (which backfired).
    cameras: Sony A7 II, A7r, NEX-7, A350, HX50V; Canon EOS 70D | Flickr | a very happy Mac user

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who knows/cares, or gives a hoot/brass razoo/rodent's rear-end/... [attach suggestions here]
    CC, Image editing OK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12