Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Where to buy Canon batteries

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where to buy Canon batteries

Hi All
    Where do you good people buy your camera batteries from? I need a Cannon LP-E10 battery and can't decide if I should take a chance on a cheapie from ebay, or a replacement from somewhere like battery world or to buy a genuine one. Is it worth the risk buying from ebay? Opinions needed!
    Thanks
    Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

I bought several (four) aftermarket batteries from eBay when I first got my camera in 2009. They have worked fine, in fact flawlessly since new. Although now, 4-5 years later they are seeing the end of their days. I have had no problems with them.

I have one OEM Canon battery that came with the camera and that is also close to end of life in terms of holding charge, no problems with that either.

Hope that helps.

B
    Last edited by BronBronBron; 08-05-2015 at 4:50pm.

I like my computer more than my camera farmmax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My cameras have always had E-bay OEM's in them. All of the batteries are still functioning years later. So is the original canon battery, but not the original panasonic battery. The price difference is just so great I've never hesitated to use the OEM.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Third party batteries for me during 10+ years of Canon cameras, they lasted well and just as long as the Canon ones. I write the date it was first charged on each one, as I found with heavy use they lasted 2-3 years. If I thought I wasn't getting enough out of the battery, I could then check the date and see if it was time for replacement. Very easy to lose track of which battery is which.
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only Canon for me with close to 150,000 clicks on two of my older Canon cameras, using 4 batteries all still working well, two 5 years the other two 6 years later..
    I bought the 2nd Battery for each from the shop I bought my cameras from.. With my new Canon camera I got the 2nd one for free for being one of the first 20 customers to buy the 7D2

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Had to google OEM , original equipment manufacturers.
    I'd also be interested in a cheaper alternatives that work, though my OEM is going strong. It's the only battery I have though. (got any you don't need farmmax )