Hi all, I am hoping you guys could help me choosing a camera and lens for myself. My Budget is under 2k for both camera and a lens.(maybe a touch over) I like the idea of a mirrorless camera with wi-fi smart phone adaptability and full quick DSLR control functionality for camera settings outside the camera (hope you know what I mean :/ ) I have narrowed it down to the 4/3rds Olympus OMD-E-M5 mII with the 2.8f pro 12-40mm or use my current D610 and just carry a Nikkor 1.8f 35mm and use my feet for zooming and stitch photos when needed wider than 35mm photos.
My dream camera is a Sony A7 series camera, but out, because of the price range.
The lens I would want is a wide angle and can do portrait too, ie zoom would be good. (24-70 2.8f full frame equivalent )
Things I am not sure about with the Olympus is the DOF with the 4/3rds, it would be great for macro but would it be Ok for throwing out the background for portraits? a 2.8f 4/3rds is a 5.6 in full frame, would it be negligible to notice? weight is very nice at 851g with camera and lens vs Nikkon d610 and 35mm f1.8 at 1155g.
Is there another camera and lens I should look at? there doesn't seem to be many aps-c mirrorless cameras out which would give a happy medium.
cheers
Glenn