Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5

Thread: Photography Workshops - UK

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photography Workshops - UK

I have a significant birthday happening next year, and I'm going to the UK to watch/see the Ricoh Women's British Open Golf (bucket list).

Whilst I'm there, I wanted to do a nature, wildlife or landscape photography workshop. for the purpose of learning, but also because said landscape/wildlife is very different to what we have in OZ.

However, it appears to be a mega million $$ tourism industry over there, and I'm having a hard time sorting the wheat from the dross, so to speak.

Anyone got any experiences or info they could share with me?

cheers Deb

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do some workshops here during winter and export the knowledge you gain? The light may be different but the photography "rules" ain't.

I like my computer more than my camera farmmax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me, I'd join one of the many photographic tours into Iceland. Now that would be a different experience, and is about the only thing on my bucket list

The light is different in the UK. No where near as much as we are used to here. There was only film when I went there, so I took a whole lot of 100 ASA film along. No one used 100 ASA film in the UK, and I found out why. The photos were OK, but could have been better, and no photoshop those days. At least now we can flick a dial and alter our ISO.
    Last edited by farmmax; 14-04-2015 at 11:52pm.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not being a golf person I have no idea what time of the year this event is on, but if it is the UK summer, remember the further you go north in the UK the closer you get to the Arctic Circle and it can be daylight till well into the evening, and there are some rugged coastal areas in the north of the UK.

I agree re doing a few workshops here first as the technical aspects are the same no matter where you are.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a look at the Grays of Westminster website, they run workshops fairly regularly and seem to be held in high esteem ---- prices are high ----

http://www.graysofwestminster.co.uk/welcome.php
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.