User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5

Thread: Blurry eyes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blurry eyes

Does anyone else get blury eyes after/during using their Camera? Then blury eyes = blury pics!!

Could it be to do with the view finder? i know you can twist the little dial...
    Or maybe from "winking" all day to look through the eye hole..

Is there something i can do to help with this? Will also be getting a tripod soon..

Im sure i dont need glasses..
    D5200, 18-55mm kit lens & 55-300mm.... For now

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MN. I moved your thread to General Help, as it related a little to a photographic problem.

I'm not sure what you mean. Is it that you can't focus properly or see clearly through the viewfinder?

When you move the dioptre adjustment dial on a viewfinder, do it slowly, so that your eye has a chance to accommodate
    to the view. If that's the problem and you still get "blurry vision" I think a visit to an optometrist would be a very good
    idea. Anyway, you get one free one per year. (Or is it 2 years??) Vision is too important to leave unattended.

Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it hard to focus the camera to take a pic after using the camera for like half an hour i feel like i get blury eyes like they are straining?

Yeah ill have a play with the adjustment on the viewfinder tonight and see if that helps - other wise its probably a good idea to get my eyes tested anyway.

Thanks Am

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps you are using the non-master eye to look through the viewfinder?
    It might not solve your issue, but I did find it more relaxing to look through the viewfinder with my left eye versus my right.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, didnt think of that Kevin! I'll have to test it

Thanks

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eye fatigue.

apparently it's common.

But I just noticed this past weekend, that not only do I also get eye fatigue, but I also have an issue with each eye producing slightly different colours and at slightly different brightness levels too!

After waiting an eternity to get a shot I knew I was never going to be happy with .. I kept an eye on the viewfinder on a regular basis, and noticing eye fatigue, I switched eyes(from my main right, to the little used left)

.. as Kevin seems to prefer to do ...

I find this left eye a bit akward, but with camera on tripod, waiting over 30 odd minutes, I had to rest my right eye.

So using the left eye, I notice that the scene looked a bit more 'green'(ish).

Had to do one of those comical double takes .. try again ...

left eye .. more green, right eye, warmer .. more yellow!

again and again I kept seeing the same thing, thinking to myself .. I've lost the plot .. completely.

So staring straight at a bright yellowish-orangey-ish coloured dirt track(in bright sunlight) .. I alternate opening my left and right eyes(and then together) .. and same thing.

So I haven't lost the plot .. I now know that I'm going completely mad!
    (well, me standing there blinking eyes alternately and then together .. any acutely aware bypassers would probably be guessing the same thing about me anyhow!)

So it seems my left eye has a slightly darker and greener color cast compared to my (preferred) right eye.

Need to get my eyes checked one day I reckon.(I'm assuming I'm developing a cataract or something in my left eye)

FWIW: I find that once eye fatigue sets in(after using the vf for a long while) .. I just blink/close my (right)main eye for a bit and it helps to relax it a lot and it's comes good .. but then the cycle starts all over again.

I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up needing eye glasses in about 'a couple of years or so'.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Fishy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure I read a post on here about improving your photography that said "keep both eyes open". So now you could have both eyes strained at the same time! Just a thought cheers brian
    Cheers Brian.

Canon 7D Kit lenses EFS 18-55 IS EFS 55-250 IS EF28-90 Canon EF 2xll Extender Sigma DG150-500 OS Speedlight 420EX. 580EX

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "So it seems my left eye has a slightly darker and greener color cast compared to my (preferred) right eye."

I had cataract surgery a few months ago, had both lenses removed and replaced with Zeiss implants.

For the first few days I noticed everything had a very blue caste to it, the doc said it's because the cataracts gave a yellow tint.

After a few days the brain adjusts and everything looks normal again.

I'd say you have a cataract starting in one eye.
    David

Nikon D810
    Nikkor AF-S 24-120VR, Nikkor AF-S 16-35VR, Nikkor AF-S 70-300VR, Nikkor AF 50 f1.8
    Tamron 90mm Macro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidd View Post

I'd say you have a cataract starting in one eye.
    Thanks David ..

I thought as much.

I'm going to start working on a project where I could connect the D800 directly to the rear of my eyeballs .... and hence directly to whatever important circuit to the relevant portion of my brain that operates eyesight!

Zeiss you say! .. hmm. Zeiss sounds pretty good.
    I wonder if Sigma makes any too(I hear that the 50 Art is as good as the Zeiss 50, but at a much reduced price point! )

Although, in saying that .. This zoom lens sounds like my idea of awesomeness!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
    Thanks David ..

I thought as much.

I'm going to start working on a project where I could connect the D800 directly to the rear of my eyeballs .... and hence directly to whatever important circuit to the relevant portion of my brain that operates eyesight!

Zeiss you say! .. hmm. Zeiss sounds pretty good.
    I wonder if Sigma makes any too(I hear that the 50 Art is as good as the Zeiss 50, but at a much reduced price point! )

Although, in saying that .. This zoom lens sounds like my idea of awesomeness!
    The Sigma 50/1.4 Art is the one to have as a value-for-money option to replace your lens
    With that, you could probably claim to be able to "see in the dark", with high sharpness and beautiful bokeh

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking more along the lines of a Zeiss 40mm f/0.33

It's not only a matter of seeing in the dark ... but I also want to see dark matter!

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the Catastrophic Herald recently...
    ...there is a warning to black cats NOT to go out on DARK nights as a photographer with
    such a Zeiss lens has been seen lurking recently. EVERYONE knows that at f/0.33
    you'd shoot a black cat on a dark night.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
    I'm thinking more along the lines of a Zeiss 40mm f/0.33

It's not only a matter of seeing in the dark ... but I also want to see dark matter!

woah!!!
    That's impressive!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to have this problem and did the both eyes open thing and problem solved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Olympus OM-D EM-1, 12-40mm f2.8, 45mm f1.8, Panny 25mm f1.7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last few times I have been out shooting for extended periods I have found keeping both eyes open and it does really help with the blurry eye problem.
    Mick Ryan

Nikon D4| D800| D90| AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8G VR II| AF-S VR 70-300mm| AF 50mm f1.4D| Sigma 24-70mm f2.8| SB 900

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well the both eyes open has been covered so no need for me to suggest it.
    It is worth visiting an optometrist though. There may be naught wrong, but it establishes a base line record for them to compare to as the years go by. A lot of peoples eye do deteriorate as those years go by and it's a free visit. In the next couple of months I'll be heading off to get my third pair of stronger reading glasses in ten years. Luckily don't need them for looking through a viewfinder.