Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Anyone dealt with Escrow?

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone dealt with Escrow?

I am selling a lens overseas and am thinking of using Escrow rather than Paypal. Has anyone dealt with Escrow and if so, any reputable companies to go with?

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No idea.
    Try and sell it to an AP member and use paypal.
    Thanks AP member Elvie for letting me deposit to your bank account when buying your lens. No third party involved.
    Yeah, that doesn't help you Lance, but does show we can trust some using the AP classified forum.

Who let the rabble in?
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    No idea.
    Try and sell it to an AP member and use paypal.
    Thanks AP member Elvie for letting me deposit to your bank account when buying your lens. No third party involved.
    Yeah, that doesn't help you Lance, but does show we can trust some using the AP classified forum.
    I have tried to sell it here, but due to the price of this lens, it seems to be out of reach of most on this forum.:

http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...ED-VR-for-sale

The problem with Paypal is that the buyer can dispute it and then they can get their money back, Paypal always sems to side with the buyer, not the seller. Escrow works by sending it to an intermediatry who hold the goods from the supplier and payment payment from the receiver and then releases both to the respective parties when both parties are satisfied with the transaction.