Ok so I am looking to start advertising my services before the end of June. Just going through all the planning stuff now.
I am not looking to make this my full time job though but want to make sure I do everything properly

I have ABN so that's covered.

Business name

I haven't registered one yet as I am having trouble deciding what path I want to take.
Do I use my own name or initials, do I come up with a business name that does not include my real name?
Would love to hear peoples thoughts on either option and the positives and negatives associated with each?

Insurance
Public liability, product liability, gear cover etc. What are the working photographers out there covering themselves for, $5mil or $10mil public liability? Is product liability a good idea? Who is everyone using? I got a quick online quote through AAMI for all of the above and $5mil liability and it was approx. $550 per year, is this average?

Advertising
First thing is a website, I plan on using a squarespace one as that's all I am familiar with and they seem to be pretty good.
Aside from the free advertising on the likes of gumtree etc where else should I consider advertising?
Business cards....does anyone really use them these days, worthwhile or not?

Pricing
Obviously this is a very individual thing but when you guys come up with your rates how do you factor in the cost of your gear into your hourly rate/project rate? Do you base it on a 5 year cycle or....?