Quote Originally Posted by CathyC View Post
I returned the lens to my friend (luckily he had someone else interested in it) and will keep a lookout for another opportunity to buy a macro lens that will autofocus with my cameras
And isn't that the correct thing to do !!

I am glad that you did that because I have just had a look through your blog that is listed in your signature. Must be a recent addition as it wasn't there in your earlier posts and it throws a new light on things.

Forget my earlier post about a Tamron 90mm, having seen a few photos on your blog my feelings are that you would be better served by a Sigma 150mm macro, either with image stabilisation or without ( 2 different models ) as they will allow more working room when spiders are subjects.

As well as offering great macro detail at longer camera to subject distances, it will work perfectly for food and handicraft images, I think that you deserve that lens as it really has got a lot going for it with your images and at a pinch could be fitted to your husbands camera on the rare occasions that you aren't using it.

Just go and buy one !!!