Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sydney meet - any ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm up for a meet......always love a bit of light painting
    Canon 5diii; Canon 7D; Canon 3.5 15-85mm IS USM; Canon 4-5.6 70-300mm IS USM; Canon 1.4 50mm , Canon Macro 100mm 2.8 L IS USM, Canon 35mm 1.4 L USM, Canon 24-105mm L IS USM, CPL and UV filters, manfrotto tripod and Lowepro backpack plus dreams for so much more!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NikonNellie View Post
    I put in for some long service leave and I am pretty sure it will be approved, so I wont be available on the weekends of the 23rd and the 30th May. If you guys want to go ahead and organize a meet for please feel free to do so.

Kevin - Sorry that I will miss you. Maybe when I am next in Singapore we could meet up.
    It's OK!
    thanks so much for facilitating this discussion!
    Yes please let me know when you're next in Singapore. Be happy to bring you around.

I might make another trip to Oz in July (mid-winter, I know...) for a road trip into Country NSW and maybe up along the coast to QLD before flying home from there.
    Another opportunity for a meet-up and some shooting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been thinking about visiting Singapore again for quite a while...
    cameras: Sony A7 II, A7r, NEX-7, A350, HX50V; Canon EOS 70D | Flickr | a very happy Mac user

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any updates on the planned meet in late May?

As Keen As Mustard
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say it's not happening Kevin. Nobody else seems to organize meets for Sydney and they always leave it up to me. As I was away when you are visiting Sydney, I was hoping someone else would step up to the mark.
    Last edited by NikonNellie; 10-05-2015 at 10:27am.
    CAMERA: Nikon D800, Nikon D7000
    LENSES: AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Macro, Sigma 10 - 20mm F/4 - 5.6, Sigma 150 - 500mm F/5 - 6.3 APO DG OS, Nikkor 18 - 200mm F/3.5 - 5.6 VRII,
    Sigma 70 - 200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS, Tamron SP 24 - 70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD, Sigma 85mm F/1.4 EX DG, Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm F/4 ED VR, Nikkor AF-S 200-500 f/5..6E ED VR
    MY WEBSITES: www.nawimages.com, http://nelliewajzerphotography.smugmug.com/, http://NellieWajzerPhotography.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NikonNellie View Post
    I would say it's not happening Kevin. Nobody else seems to organize meets for Sydney and they always leave it up to me. As I was away when you are visiting Sydney, I was hoping someone else would step up to the mark.
    Haha thanks Nellie
    I am all right. It was planned to be a relaxing trip for me, so I'm not going with high expectations, except (fingers and toes crossed) some kick-ass photos from Vivid 2015!

I used to organize regular photography outings in Singapore too. Just got too busy after some time.

In any case, I shall try to keep Saturday 23 May late arvo till night available, in case anyone wants to arrange some sunset + light painting, as earlier brought up.
    Convenient locations for me:
    - Maroubra Beach
    - I suppose anywhere between Maroubra Beach and La Perouse
    Last edited by kevin301; 13-05-2015 at 8:11pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should be free on that afternoon if you feel like to have coffee or something.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antony View Post
    I should be free on that afternoon if you feel like to have coffee or something.
    Hi Antony.
    Sounds all right to me!
    Shall drop you a Private Message with my contact details, and we take it from there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kevin,

PM your contact please. I might be able to come out for a few hours in the evening on Sat. Hopefully the rain will have ceased by then.
    Can't promise anything though, with a newborn baby, time management is pretty much out the windows

Cheers,

red

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Missed this post, will be out & about on Monday night trying to get some vivid photos. Kevin hope you managed to get some decent photos last wkend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by red2thebones View Post
    Hi Kevin,

PM your contact please. I might be able to come out for a few hours in the evening on Sat. Hopefully the rain will have ceased by then.
    Can't promise anything though, with a newborn baby, time management is pretty much out the windows

Cheers,

red
    Quote Originally Posted by Canonball View Post
    Missed this post, will be out & about on Monday night trying to get some vivid photos. Kevin hope you managed to get some decent photos last wkend

Sorry I missed these posts!
    In my defence, I was kept busy soaking in the sights and sounds of Sydney
    Vivid turned out to be pretty crowded, though I come from Singapore so it's pretty normal to me.
    The installations at Customs House and MCA were amazing! Resorted to capturing video, coz I thought still photos wouldn't do them justice.
    Haven't gone through my images yet. Doubt I got anything amazing, but was just happy enough to have witnessed it finally!

Hope you guys managed to get some nice ones!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries mate. Glad you were able to enjoy Vivid. I went for the first time this year too... managed to get a glimpse of the installations around The Rocks area and the Opera House.
    Quite a "diverse" event, I thought, as there were many other attractions apart from the light installations. Can't say I've ever seen Sydney so crowded, even more than on NYE.
    As for the photos... haven't even touched the camera since... hope there might be one or two decent shots, when I eventually get to them

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in Sydney again over the weekend of July 17-19, and I've got wheels this time.
    Would be game to fight the bitter cold on 1 of the mornings (18/19th) and shoot sunrise, if anyone's got a suggestion

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny you should talk about "cold" weather. If you believe the populist local news, Sydneysiders could (implicitly) thumb their noses at Siberians and such!
    Wow! Yesterday I saw our 1st frost of the year - restricted to a big roof across the road - and no frozen puddles, buckets, etc.

Now, Kevin. When you embark on your Central West trip, don't be surprised to get some frosts at about 8-9 PM at night. However, don't worry about having
    suddenly been sent to a Siberian gulag.

Also, I dunno about getting up too early and driving across Sydney on a weekday. And on a Saturday, woe betide anyone who sets off after about 8:30 AM to go
    anywhere. Sundays are usually NTB until about mid-late afternoon. Then, if you're on a major road heading into Syd, well, be prepared to stay there for a bit

Can you give us an idea - suburb will do to protect privacy - where you will be staying? For anything else I suggest you use PMs.

Bon vogage!
    Am.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to add: OK outside some of these times.
    Last edited by ameerat42; 03-07-2015 at 8:47pm.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shall be staying in Zetland for the weekend of 18/19 July, and then embarking on my Central West NSW trip on Monday the 20th
    I guess anywhere along the eastern suburbs area is good for me. Have shot at La Perouse (Bare Island) and Maroubra Beach prior.
    Doesn't have to be seascape either. I'm game for architecture or something too!

* the news about the frost sounds scary!
    Last edited by kevin301; 07-07-2015 at 4:22pm.

I like my computer more than my camera farmmax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin301 View Post
    * the news about the frost sounds scary!
    Time to be scared. We've had a couple of below -7°C in the last week, and when the cloud comes over before it melts, it is pretty bleak and miserable. Hopefully the weather forcast for this weekend will be well gone by the time you visit the central west. It is looking a bit ordinary Frosty nights are OK if followed by beautiful clear sunny winter days. Bring on summer!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you asked for it! --Nat.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by farmmax View Post
    Time to be scared. We've had a couple of below -7°C in the last week, and when the cloud comes over before it melts, it is pretty bleak and miserable. Hopefully the weather forcast for this weekend will be well gone by the time you visit the central west. It is looking a bit ordinary Frosty nights are OK if followed by beautiful clear sunny winter days. Bring on summer!
    Sounds like I've picked the 'PERFECT' time to visit, eh?

Any suggestions on what's good to photograph during 'antarctic' weather?
    Last edited by kevin301; 10-07-2015 at 2:04pm.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno how rich you may be, Kevin, but some people - MYSELF excluded - go on the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb.
    You can read about it here. Note that in that "brochure" they show you shots inside the
    South Pylon Visitor Centre. Now I have been there a few times. It affords a somewhat lower view of the city, but still good. Also,
    it costs way less. You could easily spend a few hours there. In fact, there, The Rocks, Walsh Bay, Dawes Point, the Quay and SOH
    precincts..., there's most of a touristy day gone! - And if you're lucky you'll see "kangaroos hopping down Pitt St" - or under the influence!!

This is for Sydney, but I will post Central West stuff in your other thread

Now, 1000 apologies to NN for hijacking this thread some, but some of the ideas might suit future meets.
    Am.

As Keen As Mustard
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    Now, 1000 apologies to NN for hijacking this thread some, but some of the ideas might suit future meets.
    Am.
    Not a problem Am - its an old thread but ANYONE can organize a meet and start it in a new thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123