User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  19

Thread: Marcia

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Marcia

News reports are just stating that Marcia has gone Cat 4 with 260kmh winds.

So for all the AP members, their families and friends in the path of this one, please stay safe.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    less than 12 hours ago Marcia was a Cat 2, she has just gone Cat 5.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $hits getting real! Be safe all....
    You don't take a photograph, you make it ~ Ansel Adams
    CC more than welcome, (I can't be offended) and feel free to post your ideas with an edit if ya have the time. Thanks......

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like it could cross near Shoal Water Bay now, which is the army training ground north of Yeppoon. Hopefully so anyway. Inhabitants would be fish, crocs, birds, insects. The major concern then will be the amount of water it will drop. From all reports panic buying was in full swing in our area yesterday.

Ausphotography Irregular Warbler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The latest track has it passing between Rockhampton and Yeppoon late this afternoon as a Cat 3. The fishing villages of Stanage Bay and Stockyard Point will be getting pounded right now. Wind is expected to get stronger here around lunch time. The rain isn't as heavy as it was with Oswald. Pity we couldn't get the rain without the wind. We've had 4 or five inches since yesterday. More to come.

- - - Updated - - -

Ha! Just heard an old girl being interviewed on radio. She's in the Shoalwater Bay area and the cyclone has crossed the coast there. She says that they winds aren't bad and when asked about the precautions she had to take with her old Queenslander built in 1901, she said, "We just closed all the doors". Gotta love the bushies.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    "We just closed all the doors". Gotta love the bushies.

Sounds like a well seasoned local
    Qlder's have such a relaxed life style/attitude, wish it would rub off in other areas......

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AP member @MarkChap; is in Rocky and the eye of the cyclone is over them right now. It has gone strangely quiet, he reports. Earlier he said it sounded like 100 freight trains coming straight at him. Lots of trees down and at one stage he was not sure if a tree had landed on his roof or part of his roof was gone, but it was a tree. Lots of trees down in his yard.
    Last edited by ricktas; 20-02-2015 at 2:05pm.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stay Safe Mark so sorry to read about the tree damage to your property and Thanks for the update.
    I can relate to that having lived through a few Cyclones in Townsville the quite is eerie, the winds a terrible roaring noise.
    My 52/2011 Challenge

I shoot with Canon And Olympus Cameras

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of Rockhampton and Capricorn Coast have lost power, not sure how long it will take to get back. My brother who lives on the Cap Coast said it was amazing to watch branches from a Norfolk Is Pine hurtling about 100m through the air like spears - scary. Seems to be mainly older homes which have suffered the most damage. It was quite amusing to watch some of the sensationalised reporting on the TV. One station crossed to their reporter in Gladstone who was saying the eye of the cyclone was passing over Gladstone and the winds had really increased in power - do they have any idea what happens when the eye is over an area. In fact we only caught the fringe of it so heavy rain and some gusty but not damaging winds.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope all you Aper's in the areas affected by this incredible storm have come through the other side unscathed. They are terrifying events no matter the size ..... You never forget the tension, noise and then the fear.
    That part is over and now begins the hardest and at times soul destroying part, the clean-up and trying to get your lives back to normal. While the in rest of the country life moves on, the media find something else to sensationalize that will grab the attention of the news hungry public and you become yesterdays headlines.
    The words cyclone ravaged community takes on a new meaning to you. Its a long road from here, take strength from family, friends & your community. There is an end to it all
    My thoughts annd well wishes to you all for the upcoming times

Deepest Regards
    Cargo

Ausphotography Irregular Warbler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I just got my electricity back on. Washing clothes is the first order and then off to the supermarket to get food. The eye passed over my place at 12:50pm last Friday and I got 50 minutes of calm before the weaker north-westerly winds came through. Lost a couple of small trees on the footpath planted by council. I noticed that the same trees all along the street also blew over. Good lesson for council on what not to plant next time.

Boy am I looking foraward to coffee again, and a good night's sleep under a ceiling fan without the noise of other peoples' bloody generators running all night long....

Got zero pictures.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    Well, I just got my electricity back on. Washing clothes is the first order and then off to the supermarket to get food. The eye passed over my place at 12:50pm last Friday and I got 50 minutes of calm before the weaker north-westerly winds came through. Lost a couple of small trees on the footpath planted by council. I noticed that the same trees all along the street also blew over. Good lesson for council on what not to plant next time.

Boy am I looking foraward to coffee again, and a good night's sleep under a ceiling fan without the noise of other peoples' bloody generators running all night long....

Got zero pictures.
    I really felt for all without power in the heat and humidity we suffered recently. Good to hear you suffered no damage.