Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reminder of Free Adobe Photoshop CS2

I see there are already a few threads about this in this forum, but, because it has come up
    a couple of times recently, here's another such.

BASICALLY, Adobe is letting people download a free copy - fully functional, too - of
    Adobe Photoshop CS2, ie, the Photoshop part of Creative Suite 2, this version being Photoshop 9.

If you're unsure of where it fits, think along the approximate lines that they put out LightRoom, Photoshop, and Elements.

Lightroom is mainly for raw conversion, while Photoshop is a full-blown image editing program. Elements is a cut down version
    of - er, I was going to say Photoshop, but I'll just say - an "editing program".

The last standalone version of Photoshop was in CS6 (Photoshop ?13 if you like version numbers).

Now they offer "Creative Cloud" - a subscription version of the suite.

And so, you can get this still very capable version (and the one I have) of Photoshop free - ie, "for nuffin",
    simply by Googling "free cs2 download", or by going to a site such as

this Techspot site here.

There are plenty of 'Shopheads on AP so you won't be alone.

Happy ... downloading...
    Am.

- - - Updated - - -

You'll note there is a Windows version and a Mac version. Each has a separate serial number that you must
    use during installation. Finally they ask you to register. I did, but I noted that the drawback with this free version
    is that the registration dialog comes up every time you start Photoshop. It's OK, as a single mouse-click closes it.
    Last edited by ameerat42; 18-02-2015 at 5:12pm.
    CC, Image editing OK.