Age is wearying me and I am getting a bit unwilling to carry BHC with me and also having a medical problem which gives me slightly shaky hands I have been looking around at replacing my 7D and assorted lenses with something much lighter and smaller. I would use it for land, sea and city scapes, a bit of street photography,people buildings etc. It seems that I may have to give up on thoughts of birds with the longer lenses unless they are close enough that I can easily take the mono pod or tripod and longer lenses with the 7D.
Today I checked how I went with my IS lens set at 35mm with IS on and IS off. Very obvious that I cannot hand hold at 1/60th and probably not so good a bit higher too.So a system with IS is a must.
I have looked at the Fujifilm range, X100S/T, and the XT1, then the Olympus OMD-EM1, and now the sony a6000. Of them all only the sony a6000 seems to fit the bill. The olympus with lenses is more than twice the price,and although it does have some very nice lenses it appears to have nothing in the wide angle, 10-15mm FF range,and the fuji does not have IS on the lenses I would like.
AK in the lets shake this forum up a bit thread made the comment about sony raw for the a7 being only 11 bit. Does this also apply to the a 6000 and if so is it a problem? I have thought of the sony a 6000 with the 10-18 f4 OSS, the 35 f 1.8 OSS and the 50f1.8 OSS lenses. They should cover all I would need for the type of photography I will do in the future I think.
Am I missing, ignoring something that I should take into account?