User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Adobe Flash Player

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adobe Flash Player

Does anybody else here have problems with Adobe Flash Player crashing in Firefox and then freezing Photoshop at the same time? I like to surf the net whilst my Photoshop Actions are running in the background. Nothing else I can do anyway. Well Flash Player crashes on sites with embedded video panels, and that crashes the Photoshop actions, by making them hang. I have to use the Task Manager to terminate the process and restart from where they stopped running. I have the latest version of Firefox. I have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, and Shockwave player.

If anyone has a simple solution, I'd be very glad to hear it.

Oh, I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on a Core i7 with 32gb RAM and an nVidia 2Gb GTX660 video card. Obviously, the Firefox browser is 32-bit. Photoshop version is CS6.
    Last edited by Warbler; 05-02-2015 at 10:30am.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there Warbler, I "was" big FF fan but in the last 6 months I had the same issues. I was running a 32 bit system & FF crashed on a regular bases, sometimes up to five times in a minute. I had a case open with mozilla & I was posting all my crashes from about:crashes to have them analysed, at first it was all about Adobe Flash but then they were saying all the add-ons I had were causing crashes. Of course they could not pinpoint the exact reason & that was very frustrating. FF was to unstable to continue with & removed it going to IE11 reluctantly, then I started to get some IE & Windows crashes I have CS6 but was using it sparingly & did not experience any "freezing" nor was it showing up in the crash reports as an issue. My computer was about six years old and was a victim of a not so savvy computer user (me)...lol. I think I wore it down over time. Anyway, I bit the bullet & got a new computer running only the bare minimum to make it work, so far it has been very solid & using Chrome. Sorry I am not able to help you fix your issue but just letting you know you are not alone with the issue. Good luck with it all.

Filter.

BTW, I asked the Mozilla fella how to interpret the crash reports & he said "it is hard & I am only learning myself", behind the eight ball there.....
    Filter

EOS R & 16-35 f4 EF, 70-200 2.8 RF
    Olympus OMD-EM1 Mark II 7-14 12-40 40-150 Pro lens.
    EOS 7D Mark II - 70D - Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM, 17 - 55 2.8 Lenses

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate the post. As you say, at least I know I'm not alone. Might have to ditch FF too. I have IE 64-bit installed. I might give it a try. I also have Chrome.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turning off the Smooth Scrolling and Hardware Acceleration in Firefox seems to have done the trick. (he says with fingers crossed).

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, been there, done that.....good luck with it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep. Especially if I have a few tabs open and news sites that have video's embedded.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography