Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Arguello View Post

Now that Nikon View NXi is comming (with CNXD 1.2.0) I hope that software is more stable.
At the least!

I don't have high hopes for VNX-i tho.

I'm sure Nikon have gone down the more common route of placing simple metadata and ratings data into side car files.
(hopefully I'm wrong .. as usual .. but I don't have high expectations)

ViewNX2 was my most used software on my PC(next to FF) .. and the only real reason I use it is to simply add keywording/ITPC data into the raw files .. and to add ratings.

I can't say that I've used CNX-D all that much since this post .. maybe once or twice, but on those few instances, it has behaved much less obnoxiously than I reported earlier.
I'm just worried that I start getting used to it, and it then starts doing those annoyances again just as I've got comfy in clicking the icon to it.

Hopefully tho with this new ViewNX-i software .. where Nikon seems to want it to be the centre of your Nikon universe! .. they have an integrated import tool, like Nikon Transfer where you can rename/rate/keyword the images during transfer to the computer.

And then!!! .. highly unlikely, but as always eternally hopeful .. Nikon have the good sense to create a tablet(Win Mobile/Android/iOS) based apps that integrates with these two computer based software incarnations.

I'm amazed at their lack of vision in such areas .. which just goes to show how badly the company is being managed at all levels.
I suppose the other side to such a coin would be that they did introduce mobile apps that work in conjunction with their desktop software(that is understand the edits and process steps, etc) .. but being Nikon, they'd pretty much stuff it up totally to the point of it being unusable, anyhow!

You'd kind of think that while they're on a new path in terms of software(ie. CNX-D and now VNX-i) .. well why not go the whole hog and create mobile based apps that follow on with this new path too.