Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sir Prince Philip

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    perhaps he thinks Lizzie and co will return the favour and we shall have to bow to Sir Tony...soon
    Let's hope not. The only culture he has is between his toes or when he eats yoghurt in the morning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony Abbott will go down as Australia's worst ever PM.He is nothing but an embarrassment to this great country.
    Wayne

Canon 7D and stuff
    Olympus OMD - EM10

https://www.flickr.com/photos/34371137@N03/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rookie View Post
    Tony Abbott will go down as Australia's worst ever PM.He is nothing but an embarrassment to this great country.
    Sadly I think you're right and given the leadership fiasco before he arrived, that's actually quite hard to achieve.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissionMan View Post
    Sadly I think you're right and given the leadership fiasco before he arrived, that's actually quite hard to achieve.
    I think that is the only reason the Libs will not challenge for him to be replaced. They would look like right gooses doing what Labor did last time playing musical chairs, with apologies to all gooses, everywhere. (the feathered kind)
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't have to go that far, Rick. They're looking pretty good (goosewise) already
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    I think that is the only reason the Libs will not challenge for him to be replaced. They would look like right gooses doing what Labor did last time playing musical chairs, with apologies to all gooses, everywhere. (the feathered kind)
    The way Abbott is going, the question is whether it will do more damage replacing him than he will cause in power because he seems to be causing so much damage through stupidity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.
    Phil already has that many titles that it would take 2 pages to print out, and what has he ever done for Australia?
    Surely Tony could have found an Australian to award the knightship to.

I think Tony has lost the plot, and the sooner he "retires" for family reasons the better.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Politicians don't run the country, it's run by the 'faceless brigade', AKA The Public Circus.

Unfortunately most who enter politics are either egotists, or opportunists looking to elevate their perceived status in life and fatten their wallets.
    Last edited by Cage; 27-01-2015 at 11:36pm.
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if the Libs were to replace Tony as Leader the whole country would rejoice.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Prince, a Knight, and a PM all walked into a bar...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way Abbott is going, the question is whether it will do more damage replacing him than he will cause in power because he seems to be causing so much damage through stupidity.

Yes , let's not forget why Abbott and the Lib's are in power. The last lot were so bad we chucked them out . Now we think we might put them back in . I think, as a nation, we have snookered ourselves!
    The name is Brad ......

OMD EM-1, OMD EM-5MkII, m.Zuiko 12-40mm Pro f2.8, m.Zuiko 40-150mm f2.8 Pro , m.Zuiko 60mm f2.8 Macro, m.Zuiko 17mm f1.8 , Lee Filters

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bcys1961 View Post
    Yes , let's not forget why Abbott and the Lib's are in power. The last lot were so bad we chucked them out . Now we think we might put them back in . I think, as a nation, we have snookered ourselves!
    Tell me about it. Hence the reason I said it's like choosing between a root canal and castration.

They have better candidates in the parties. They may not be good candidates, but they are still better than the current idiots who share a parrot brain. Julie Bishop or Malcolm Turbull would have been preferable to Abbott and would probably have only seemed like a minor dental surgery as opposed to a full root canal. Labor also have better candidates than Shorten but both parties seem to pride themselves on picking the most repulsive of options to try see who can provide the least preferable candidate to the public.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell me about it. Hence the reason I said it's like choosing between a root canal and castration.

They have better candidates in the parties. They may not be good candidates, but they are still better than the current idiots who share a parrot brain. Julie Bishop or Malcolm Turbull would have been preferable to Abbott and would probably have only seemed like a minor dental surgery as opposed to a full root canal. Labor also have better candidates than Shorten but both parties seem to pride themselves on picking the most repulsive of options to try see who can provide the least preferable candidate to the public.
    I'm afraid in politics , nice guys don't finish first! There is a reason these guys get to the top as they are the ones prepared to bribe, cajole, threaten , smooch , pander .... and generally do what ever it takes to get there .

Ausphotography irregular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leanneqld View Post
    I think if the Libs were to replace Tony as Leader the whole country would rejoice.
    And you want to stop me having a laugh every other week?
    It's all Peta's fault anyway. Just ask Rupert!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    ...It's all Peta's fault anyway. Just ask Rupert!...
    And it was also his fault for opinionising so much in his paper. - And he's a foreigner to boot!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well at the risk of spoiling a good rant, and because some of you may not know this, here's some info from your favourite small 'l" liberal, Malcolm (where are my pants) Fraser.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1227200131140

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    Well at the risk of spoiling a good rant, and because some of you may not know this, here's some info from your favourite small 'l" liberal, Malcolm (where are my pants) Fraser.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1227200131140
    I think this line is the one that needs re-quoting from that "Mr Fraser had the support of his party when he recommended the honour to the governor-general Sir Zelman Cowen and the Queen."

30 years ago, Australia was a very different place, and was still very much a child of the commonwealth, with big ties back to England. The Australian Republic movement was not even around (that came circa 1991).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, but the point is that we don't call Prince Charles "Sir" at all. You'll also find Her Maj has the old Imperial Honours after her name and she is never called "Dame" either. Storm, Tea cup, Didn't see the same rant here when Tendulkar was awarded an AM by the luvvies. All of these awards are political these days. The rot set in when someone of the left decided to use them to push the social-conscience agenda.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    Yes, but the point is that we don't call Prince Charles "Sir" at all. You'll also find Her Maj has the old Imperial Honours after her name and she is never called "Dame" either. Storm, Tea cup, Didn't see the same rant here when Tendulkar was awarded an AM by the luvvies. All of these awards are political these days. The rot set in when someone of the left decided to use them to push the social-conscience agenda.
    I agree they are political and best left in the 1970's/80's where they belonged..

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is worth a view. Good old Maj is very well decorated and honoured by lots of governments around the planet. One of my favourites though is the one from Canada in 1957 and the one from Slovaka much later. Who'd have been honoured to receive "Member First Class of the Order of the White Double Cross"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...n_Elizabeth_II

And Phil the Greek has a few of his own including an Order of Australia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...e_of_Edinburgh
    Last edited by Warbler; 29-01-2015 at 8:59am.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast