User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  21

Thread: Anyone having problems with SD Cards falling apart.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bitsnpieces View Post
    What the? Someone using my name and location right in Ho Chi Minh city (where I just came back from and will be going to again next week) - no way it's a coincidence. lol
    I wonder if I can get a copy of the original post email, or IP sent - interested to see who tried to be me. lol
    Sorry but no.

I have a Sandisk that separated and plastic bits where the pins are have all broken off, or so - so I just keep it there with the photos it had taken now (already backed up photos onto other devices just in case the card decides to go one day)
    They are so cheap these days --- throw it away before it breaks permanently.

Had one where the lock wouldn't stay in the unlock position - it didn't click in. So when inserting the card into anything, the slightest bump would push it just enough for it to be locked (even though it hadn't clicked into the lock position), so I used tape to hold it up.
    I have one the same with a easily knocked lock tab. It happens to be a Lexar Platinum 11 but having said that we have a mixture of Sandisk and Lexar cards ( both CF and SD ) ranging in age from 10 to 2 years old and have never had an issue with any of them until the lock tab one. *

*That will almost certainly guarantee a total failure of all cards we possess within the next week.
    Last edited by I @ M; 28-01-2015 at 11:05am.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.