I just wanted to share some before and after images that I took of our much needed kitchen renovation and new floating floor.

My hubby and I have been saving for some time to do up the house now that the kids have moved out. Each time we thought we had saved enough, something would crop up, such as visiting our son in England and doing a couple of trips while we were over there. We didn't want to raid the money saved for our retirement. Anyway, we finally had the money so we managed to get the renovations done as soon as I started my holidays (school holidays). Most of it was done in the week prior to Christmas then we had to wait for the tradies to go back after their break to have the glass splash back and the range hood installed. It is all now finished except for a few minor paint jobs. Hubby and I are absolutely thrilled with the result, especially not having the old carpet - my nose is thanking me for the change.

Here are the results. I wish I had taken some before pics of the lounge room with the carpet laid to show you the dramatic change how it opens up the room.

Cupboards arrived.

_DSC4574-Edit by Nellie_56, on Flickr

Before

_DSC4103-Edit by Nellie_56, on Flickr

Afters

_DSC5126-Edit by Nellie_56, on Flickr

_DSC5127-Edit-2 by Nellie_56, on Flickr

_DSC5132-Edit by Nellie_56, on Flickr

_DSC5133-Edit by Nellie_56, on Flickr

_DSC4717-Edit by Nellie_56, on Flickr