User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  17
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are you doing this year to improve your photography?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drongo?
    Andrew

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawthy View Post
    Drongo?
    Yep, was thinking about a self portrait.
    But we digress.

D750 Shines
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually to start using the gear instead of buying more!
    Enter more comps!
    Willpower!!!!!!

Nikon D750,D500,Z6,Coolpix P7700
    Nikkor 300mm f/4E PF ED VR, Nikkor 16-35mm f/4 VR, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, Tokina 100mm f/2.8, Tamron 60mm f/2 , Tamron SP 24-70mm f2.8 VC Di, Nikon Z 24-70mm f/4
    FTZ adapator
    Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    picking up the camera would be a good start for me .. blow the dust off

EDIT: waking up account - everytime I visit here my account has deactivated due to inactivity.. beyond frustrating!
    Last edited by Zandri; 25-02-2015 at 5:33pm.
    Cheers,
    Scott
    ------------------------------
    Homepage : flickr : pBase

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My view is above.
    The government view: outsource it to an overseas photographic company.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zandri View Post
    picking up the camera would be a good start for me .. blow the dust off

EDIT: waking up account - everytime I visit here my account has deactivated due to inactivity.. beyond frustrating!
    Perhaps you should consider that a site like this costs quite a deal of money to run. And as it is FREE, we value active members cause they are the ones who support the site advertisers and ensure the site can remain online. Why should we give someone who has not posted a photo or given critique to another member since 2011 access to everything the site offers for FREE, when that person is not willing to GIVE something to the other members of the site?
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Perhaps you should consider that a site like this costs quite a deal of money to run. And as it is FREE, we value active members cause they are the ones who support the site advertisers and ensure the site can remain online. Why should we give someone who has not posted a photo or given critique to another member since 2011 access to everything the site offers for FREE, when that person is not willing to GIVE something to the other members of the site?
    Rick, I can appreciate the running cost aspect, which I can fully imagine are quite substantial. But trust me, if I could participate more I would be.. I'm working two jobs, have a young family, and have barely touched my cameras in years. Which for me is quite depressing and frustrating having of all this gear that sits in my study unused. I visit infrequently to live through other members, enjoying their photography like I wish I could, when I really start to get the photography itch that I know I can't scratch. I don't often critique photographs anymore, as I feel it would be rather hypocritical of me given they are doing a far better job than myself by even picking up their camera. I'm just trying to keep enough of the spark alive within me that I don't give up fully and sell off all my gear, which I've contemplated more often than not.

I do apologise for my off the cuff remark, and I do understand where your coming from. But from my perspective, it just seemed though the timeout was possibly a little too aggressive and it doesn't feel right making token posts to keep my account alive. Anyway, I've explained where I'm coming from. No I don't participate, yes I would dearly like do, but don't have the capacity at this point in time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12