User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: New 20mm1.8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 20mm1.8

Does any one have a copy i would like to know what you think about it , i have an old version at the moment , I will be using it on a D750 on a trip to Siem Reip in August.
    Nikon D600 tamron 24-70 2.8 50 1.4 K5 Da70 Da 40

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have it, but am thinking of getting it. However, by all accounts and reviews, it will be waaay better than your current 20 f2.8. It seems to be a real gem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I obtained my copy about a month ago. I took it out two weekends ago for its first run.

So far it looks pretty good, but I haven't done a lot of shooting with it yet. I haven't used the old 20mm, but I suspect it will be far better. There are some respected photographers around saying that overall it is as good as the 21mm Zeiss.

I'm heading to Patagonia in March, this lens will be part of my kit, along with the 28mm f/1.8, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200 f/4 and my D750.
    Shane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't mind some brief opinions on the new lens. I'm guessing you've guys have had plenty of time to play with it by now. I've got the old model and while it's been great, the moustache distortion is a bit troublesome at times :S
    - Tim

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't end up getting it as I couldn't justify the expense when I have the 16-35 f4 VR, 14-24 f2.8, Zeiss 21 f2.8 and a 24 f2.4G.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe. Thanks for the reply. Not that it mattered. I just bit the bullet and got it!

Compared to the old 20mm 2.8, night and day. It's like I suddenly have the right prescription of specs after years of wearing the wrong ones. Not that it matters. Still got great shots with the old but I wouldn't go back. It's definately worth the money over the old one.