Hi Guys

Just a word of warning to check shuttercount on new cameras when you get them. I picked up one from an unnamed retailer (retail special during boxing day period). They have offered a replacement when new stock arrives after I complained so I won't mention their name.

The camera was packed nicely as new. When I purchased it (from another store), they confirmed it had been in a display but said it hadn't been used as it was kept behind glass. I didn't have a wide selection of options as the retail stores had very little stock due to the special.

When I check the camera, I found an 8GB card they had forgotten to remove which included a whole heap of photos of customers, dogs testicles (someone was taking photos of a dogs testicles on a nikon advert), staff and a quick check of the shutter count on the last photo taken showed that 2850 photos had been taken on this camera. I validated this against the first shot taken by myself which was higher than 2850 although there were some photos taken on other models of cameras so this seems to be a generic card used on multiple cameras.

As mentioned, the camera was like new, it was wrapped in plastic perfectly and it look exactly as I would have expected. If I didn't do a mandatory shutter count on the camera (or they hadn't left in the SD card), I probably wouldn't have known any better.

For those who don't know, you can check the shutter count on your camera at http://www.myshuttercount.com/ by uploading an original file taken on the camera (it can't be one that has been imported into lightroom and exported - if you have imported them, go to the original file and upload that).