User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8

Thread: Outage : 27th Dec 2014

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Outage : 27th Dec 2014

My apologies for the site outage today. The site had been running very slow all morning and I could not even access the server to see what was going on. I contacted the hosting company and they delved into it and just brought the site up.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems that computer based gremlins do not recognise holidays Rick. Hopefully yours wasn’t spoiled by the technical problems – thanks for all your efforts in keeping this site running, they are much appreciated.

Cheers

Dennis

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nardes View Post
    It seems that computer based gremlins do not recognise holidays Rick. Hopefully yours wasn’t spoiled by the technical problems – thanks for all your efforts in keeping this site running, they are much appreciated.

Cheers

Dennis
    Not at all Dennis. I have spent the better part of today oiling my deck. Just about to do the last coat now, so between cleaning and oiling, I have been checking in on the site.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Not at all Dennis. I have spent the better part of today oiling my deck. Just about to do the last coat now, so between cleaning and oiling, I have been checking in on the site.
    There'll be a few kiwis giggling around about now Rick. Of course if you'd said they'd been oiling their decks, the reaction mightn't have been so cheery.

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'onya Warbler.
    Cheers
    Kev

D600 : D7200 and too much stuff to list

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    There'll be a few kiwis giggling around about now Rick. Of course if you'd said they'd been oiling their decks, the reaction mightn't have been so cheery.
    I am not that fussy who gets on my deck

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not about to argue with a bloke who can walk on his own deck.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I may add an enquiry to this thread - since Christmas I have not been able to access "new posts " from the Home Page. My initial search on Google comes up with " Ausphotography site is not available ". When I do get the home page and go to new posts, I am told that " site maintenance is in progress. Expected down time is less than 5 minutes. " The only way to see the latest posts is to search the individual forums. Any help would be appreciated.
    Constructive critique of my photos is welcome and appreciated.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ionica View Post
    If I may add an enquiry to this thread - since Christmas I have not been able to access "new posts " from the Home Page. My initial search on Google comes up with " Ausphotography site is not available ". When I do get the home page and go to new posts, I am told that " site maintenance is in progress. Expected down time is less than 5 minutes. " The only way to see the latest posts is to search the individual forums. Any help would be appreciated.
    We have been doing maintenance on the site over the past few days. Normally this time of year tends to be quiet on the site as people are off doing family/holiday things. So if you see the maintenance notice, it would have been because we were doing some. Yesterday we did several lots of outages as we updated key software components.