User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Canon cable release pins - how tough?

Ausphotography Regular wideangle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canon cable release pins - how tough?

I've just ordered a cable release and its connection is via the N3 3 socket on the side of the camera under the flap. The old camera I had, the cable release was just a single solid thread. While I am waiting for the cable release, how have people found the 3 pins in terms of toughness? They look quite delicate.
    Last edited by wideangle; 12-12-2014 at 11:02pm.
    please ask before PP my images

"Life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans"

Fishy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just checked mine as I have not used it for some time. I think you do have to be a little careful just in case. I hate to force things too much so I make sure the pins are lined up before applying any force, as it takes a firm push to ram home. There are locating lugs which do prevent you from aligning the wrong way but I guess I'm just ultra cautious. cheers
    Cheers Brian.

Canon 7D Kit lenses EFS 18-55 IS EFS 55-250 IS EF28-90 Canon EF 2xll Extender Sigma DG150-500 OS Speedlight 420EX. 580EX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never had any problems on my 7D. The cable only fits in one way and once you get used to how it goes in (at first it appeared like it was back to front. IE the cable itself 'pokes' towards the front of the camera at a slight upwards angle), it is quite easy and connects without any force. Must admit though that I preferred the 2.5mm 'stereo' type jack on my 550D.
    Canon 550D/7D - Canon 24mm IS USM - Sigma 10-20mm - Canon 15-85 IS USM - Sigma 28-300mm | RS60E3 cable remote | B&W ND110, Hoya CPL, ND2, ND8, Cokin P series H250A GND 'kit' | An embarrassingly cheap SLIK tripod.
    Software: PS CS5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 5D3 and neer had a problem with the pins, its pretty hard to insert the remote plug the wrong way anyway so they are pretty safe
    http://www.danielakininphotography.com
    Canon 5D MKIII, Fujifilm FinePix X100S
    Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
    Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM
    Canon EF 24-105 mm f/4L USM
    Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM
    Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    I have a 5D3 and neer had a problem with the pins, its pretty hard to insert the remote plug the wrong way anyway so they are pretty safe
    Thanks all for your thoughts, nice to know that it doesn't sound like its going to break at the mere touch of putting it in!