Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Bit of help

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bit of help

so iv been asked to shoot a advertisement for a local RSL, this would involve the police doing breath tests ( all willing parties ) and the RSL to use the photo on there " take a plan B" campaign
    iv been told they will need for for around an hour.
    1: photo release form? im thinking i will have to get them too sign one
    2: price? i know its a hard one, but im sure some off you guys will have a guide line.

anything you wonderful people can think off would be great.

cheers in advance
    long live

http://www.birdphotographyworkshops.com.au

Canon R7, and a lot of other bits and bobs

Moderately Super
    Marlo, a small coastal town in the far east of
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you had a look through the threads in http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...of-Photography ? There might something there to help you.
    Nikon F65, D50, D200, D700

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly more info needed Paul.

#1. Is there travel involved?

That has a bearing on time, they anticipate to pay you for an hour I assume but I feel that you will probably multiply that time x 4 when travel, processing and delivery time as well as the setting up and shutter clicking are taken into account. Maybe even more.

#2. How do they want the image delivered, digital copy, printed or both?

That relates to the cost factor if they want a print.

#3, Do you want to have any further use of the image?

If you possibly want to use the image commercially in the future you will definitely need photo release forms ( model release forms ) signed for all participants. If you have no further use of the image you do not have to worry about forms. You are simply being contracted to take a photo and any issues with release should be taken care of by the person / organisation that hires you.

#4. Do you have an abn for taxation purposes?

Many businesses ( RSL ) require any biller to have one, most govt depts ( police ) require a biller to have one.

#5. Will you have a written contract in place?

A must have as far as I am concerned when dealing with a scenario such as you have outlined.

#6. Price? What is your hourly rate?

Not knowing travel time / distance involved makes it hard but I would suggest 5 x your hourly rate. I will then assume that the people that want you will say " ###, we can get Fred* to do it for 1/5 of that amount ".

#7. At that point they will probably try to negotiate with you and promise "lots of exposure" for your photo and you start considering accepting a pitiful amount that barely covers your petrol costs.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agree with Andrew. Think it through. I would not be giving away the rights fully, just for this campaign. What If!! What if it gets taken up nationally, or even internationally as a campaign, gets picked up by heaps of RSL, then police in other regions, states etc. They all end up using your photo with no benefit to you. So ensure any contract has a clause related to usage rights.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all valid point, yes abn i have... travel not involved ( 5 mins away ) i think im gonna cover all bases with this one , as rick has pointd out, would feel mighty p%$% if it went national etc. thanks for your feed back guys , ill let you know how i got on.