Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Displaying Photos on the wall

Any solutions out there for successfully displaying your prints on a wall? After some negotiations with other stake holders (partner) I successfully secured some wall space in the lounge area to display some of my prints. I mounted the 10x15 prints on matt board borders and after searching through the different adhesive options at Office Works chose some clear, double sided adhesive, rubbery plastic squares, which were guaranteed to hold on like a gecko and also not mark the wall. Unfortunately once the hot weather hit the gecko decided to let go. I now have a 2/3's of the print leaning against the wall waiting to be rehung. Does anyone have any suggestions. I don't really want to go to the expense of framing and I would like to rotate the display and change things as I take new photos. Also I don't really want to put nails or hangers in the wall. I may be asking too much but I live in hope for a solution.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you want to change the set up now and again you could use stainless wire from ceiling to floor and that way it is there all the time and no marks on wall. it is made for that reason if you Google stainless photo wire floor to ceiling it should bring it up

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How high is the ceiling? If you don't want to use nails or screws or similar things, you could use supports as used in the building-industry - sorry, don't know how they're called in English, but I mean these:

Put one on each side, than horizontally hang some metal wires between them and hang the pictures from these wires.

Or use easels, easily made (by yourself?) using wood and some hinges.
    Ciao, Joost

All feedback is highly appreciated!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An old wooden ladder might look good too in the corner of the room with a print in each step. I ended up just using frames and taking down the matted ones as they inevitably crawl down the wall.

Fishy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used those fancy drawing pins(long and thin) Left very little holes that a coat of paint filled in quite easy. Mind you I had A4 prints in plastic sleeves and only used 2 pins on each. I filled the whole wall with prints and changed them with newer ones when required. It does depend on how good you want your display of course. I just re-read your inquiry and think that this may not be an option because of your negotiations to secure a small opening. We all have our crosses to bear. Perhaps a bit of bribery might help. cheers Brian
    Cheers Brian.

Canon 7D Kit lenses EFS 18-55 IS EFS 55-250 IS EF28-90 Canon EF 2xll Extender Sigma DG150-500 OS Speedlight 420EX. 580EX

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just finished hanging 100+ framed photos in my spare 2.2m X 4.3m room I am setting up as a Gallery. It was originally part of the verandah that was filled and it has an outside door so is ideal for the purpose. I used the angle pin hooks as I had tried using the removable stick on hooks for photos I have on display at the local pub and have had a few fail resulting in broken frames and glass, some have fallen due to weather changes, but others the result of unsteady patrons. The small holes left by the pins are easily repaired and are not a problem if you keep using the same hooks when rotating your photos. I am still trying to convince the publican of this, but I think he will come round when I tell him that I am taking the photos out as the frame replacement is costing nearly what I make in sales.
    Cheers
    Keith.