User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8

Thread: December 2014 : Critique Competition : Win a 1tb hard drive

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

December 2014 : Critique Competition : Win a 1tb hard drive

Welcome to the Ausphotography December 2014 Critique Competition.

During December we are asking members to give another Ausphotography member a Christmas gift. A Constructive Critique (CC) Gift. The site moderator team will be on the lookout for great CC.

THE PRIZE
    We want better quality critique on the site, and by giving you the chance to win a Toshiba 1TB portable hard drive with internet connectivity (so you can access your files anywhere) and a free 10GB cloud storage solution, we hope to encourage you to give better critiques.

We may will also have some spot prizes throughout the competition. If a member wins a spot prize for their critique, they are still eligible for the main prize.

YOUR PHOTOGRAPHIC EXPERIENCE
    We will be taking into account member's experience level when we assess critiques given, so beginner members who put a heap of thought into a critique are just as likely to win as someone who is an advanced member.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
    All you need to do to have a chance of winning the 1TB hard drive is offer up some constructive critique to another member, in the critique forums.

If you see a critique by another member that you think we should consider, you can 'report' that member's critique to us as well. Use the small triangle icon beside their post, to report it. The mods and I will be watching the critiques, but we may not see them all, so if you feel you have found a critique worthy of consideration, reporting it, will bring it to our attention.

HOW WE WILL DECIDE THE WINNER?

The moderator team will look at all the critiques we gather that we feel are worthy of consideration as the best critique. We will discuss them and make a decision as a team, on which critique we think is the best. The member who wrote that critique will become the winner.

We will be taking into account, the quality of the critique, the member's photographic experience, and also their contributions to the site during the competition period. So a person who logs on, posts one single great critique, logs off, and does nothing else, will not be considered as highly as someone who posts an outstanding critique and who has also consistently provided critique to others during the competition period. The decision the moderator team make is final. No discussion regarding our decision will be entered into.

WHEN DOES THE COMPETITION START AND FINISH?
    The critique competition will start on Monday 1st December at midnight (start of day), and finish on Friday 19th December at midnight (end of day). The photo being critiqued may have been posted before the competition start time, however if the actual critique is provided during the competition time, it is eligible. The moderator team will then spend time on the 20th and 21st December discussing the critiques and choosing a winner, with the winner announced on Sunday 21st December at 7.30pm

SO GET YOUR CRITIQUING READY. IF YOU ARE NOT SURE ABOUT HOW TO GIVE SOME GOOD CONSTRUCTIVE CRITIQUE, WE HAVE A HOW TO CRITIQUE GUIDE. BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE. GIVE ANOTHER AUSPHOTOGRAPHY MEMBER A LOVELY CHRISTMAS GIFT. A GIFT OF SOME CRITIQUE. IT IS EASY AND IT IS FREE. TOGETHER WE CAN ALL HELP EACH OTHER LEARN MORE ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY AND HOW TO IMPROVE OUR OWN PHOTOGRAPHY.
    Last edited by ricktas; 29-11-2014 at 4:33pm.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if there's a spike in quality and amount of CC during those, almost, three weeks?
    If it goes way up, a small monthly prize for CC?
    But a prize is not why we should CC.
    But if it gets more CC?

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    So if there's a spike in quality and amount of CC during those, almost, three weeks?
    If it goes way up, a small monthly prize for CC?
    But a prize is not why we should CC.
    But if it gets more CC?
    Let's see how we go in December Mark. We did this once before, in Nov 2011, but we could make it more frequent if it helps encourage more and better critiques.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent post, very informative, great use of text size and colour, very good formatting...

Wait. Dang comp has not started yet. I withhold my critique on this post till comp starts.

Anyway thanks Rick, a great incentive.
    Mark

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpb View Post
    Excellent post, very informative, great use of text size and colour, very good formatting...

Wait. Dang comp has not started yet. I withhold my critique on this post till comp starts.

Anyway thanks Rick, a great incentive.
    Whilst I appreciate your CC. This thread is also not in the CC forums, so you are starting off with two strikes against your name.. even before the competition starts.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Constructive Critique Competition is now underway.

We are on the look out for outstanding critique right through to the 19th December.

The winner of the 1TB hard drive will be announced Sunday 21st December.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you used the larger Text Size and a brighter colour Rick I can see it much better
    My 52/2011 Challenge

I shoot with Canon And Olympus Cameras

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a pity this isn't in the CC forums.
    I'd like to make a Comic Comment about Mary Anne's CC of Rick's post.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    What a pity this isn't in the CC forums.
    I'd like to make a Comic Comment about Mary Anne's CC of Rick's post.
    Which genre would you suggest as a suitable place to move this thread, so we can all be enlightened by your Comic Comment.