Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lightbender
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canon Light Awards

Not exactly gear talk but I couldn't think of another place to put this.

Canon have announced a local competition for Canon togs. http://lightawards.canon.com.au/

Some interesting looking prizes for the winners and an opportunity to get some feedback from some pros.

I like my computer more than my camera farmmax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They sent me an email about this as well, because I've always entered the Photo5 competition. I doubt if this is only for Canon users. It doesn't mention any where I can find that you have to be a Canon camera user, and there was never any restriction on the Photo5 photos having to be taken by a Canon camera.

It looks interesting, so I will investigate further.

I just checked the fine print, and yes you do have to use a Canon camera. That stinks!
    Last edited by farmmax; 29-11-2014 at 3:09am.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by farmmax View Post
    They sent me an email about this as well, because I've always entered the Photo5 competition. I doubt if this is only for Canon users. It doesn't mention any where I can find that you have to be a Canon camera user, and there was never any restriction on the Photo5 photos having to be taken by a Canon camera.

It looks interesting, so I will investigate further.

I just checked the fine print, and yes you do have to use a Canon camera. That stinks!
    That was my concern about the Photo5 competition. All winners, ever, were Canon users. There has been a lot of grumbling on the net about this in the past. People were asking why let other brand users enter the Photo5 if they were never going to win. I think Canon have realised the longer Photo5 went, with only Canon users winning, the more obvious it would become that there was a bias.

I see no issue with Canon running a competition where the photos have to be taken with Canon gear. After all Coles would not run a competition where you had to shop at Woolies to be able to win. I actually commend Canon on finally doing something about the Photo5 issue.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received this email also.

I also see it quite clearly on the left *Who Can Enter* All you need is a Canon camera and a passion for photography..

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Anne View Post
    I received this email also.

I also see it quite clearly on the left *Who Can Enter* All you need is a Canon camera and a passion for photography..
    Yes, I saw this also. I am quite surprised that people missed it.
    Canon 550D/7D - Canon 24mm IS USM - Sigma 10-20mm - Canon 15-85 IS USM - Sigma 28-300mm | RS60E3 cable remote | B&W ND110, Hoya CPL, ND2, ND8, Cokin P series H250A GND 'kit' | An embarrassingly cheap SLIK tripod.
    Software: PS CS5

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no it's not just for Canon owners, but the prizes are in the canon estore, not sure how much Nikon/sigma/everything else gear you'll get in there.
    Happy to take all constructive Critique, please don't rework or edit my photos. Thanks!

Canon 6D, 2 Canon 50D's gripped, Canon 1000D, Canon 70-200 F2.8 ( non IS),Canon 70-200 2.8, Canon 24-70 2.8, Sigma 85 1.4, Canon 50mm F1.8.. yongnuo speedlights and triggers, and manfrotto tripods.

Lightbender
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be interesting to see what the first brief is anyway.